Part 7

The next morning, Astrid and her friends were summoned by Annalisa. During the walking, Astrid and Andrew avoided each other. Every times their eyes met, they blushed.

This didn’t go unnoticed by Jessica. After seeing what happened yesterday, Jessica wanted them to be a couple while Matthew gave up on Astrid.

Occasionally, Jessica tripped Astrid so she bumped into Andrew’s back. “Nice move,” whispered Matthew to Jessica.

Unfortunately, Andrew heard and glared at them. Andrew stopped cause Astrid to bump into his back again. She was curious why he stopped so she peeked from behind Andrew’s high back. She saw the door into the meeting room. She mustered all her courage to stand up and opened the door. All eyes stared at her as she walked into the room confidently, but inside her heart, she panicked. She stood beside Caleb as her friends sat on the chairs. They were giving her silent good luck.

“Astrid Black, do you take the position as the leader of the Association of Witches? Lead us to win the war and do all of the leader responsibility?” said Annalisa with a loud voice. Astrid’s heart beat hundred times faster. She doubted herself. She looked to the other witches. Her eyes stopped on Andrew who gave her a supporting stare and moved to Jessica and Matthew. Jessica gave her a smile while Matthew avoided her stare by looking to the other side and rubbing the back of his neck.

“Yes I do,” Astrid answered bravely. The crowd broke into cheers. Annalisa and Caleb smiled. Annalisa asked for Astrid’s hand. Astrid gave it then Annalisa read a spell then a crown tattoo was formed on the back of her hand. It shone bright then changed into a silver color. Annalisa explained to Astrid that this symbol meant that she was the new leader, the one who had the crown. After the coronation, they must move into the next topic: the war strategy. They were thinking hard.

“By the way, what was Alex power?” asked Matthew curiously.

“Why are you asking that? It isn’t important now,” scolded Jessica.

“Wait, I am also curious what his power was” asked Andrew.

“Hmm,” said Caleb while thinking, “Obviously, it was fire magic! He burned me once before!”

“No it was gravity magic! I saw it once!” argued one of the witches.

“No, it was future teller,” said another one.

“It was Earth magic!” complained one of the witches.

“Everyone, be quiet please! We are talking about the strategy, not what Alex’s power was!” said Annalisa with loud voice making them silent.

“Alex’s power was unknown to us. We believe that he could do all of them.”

“Is that even possible?” asked Astrid.

“We don’t know but Alex was the example,” said Annalisa.

Then they decided to think about the strategy for the war instead. After that, they went back to their own rooms.

The next two days, the office was very crowded. Witches were running everywhere. They were preparing for the war. Suddenly, the emergency bell rang. Astrid who was still asleep was awakened by the screaming sound outside her room. Her door was opened roughly; there stood Jessica with a panic look on her face.

“Astrid, hurry up! We are under attack!” said Jessica.