Part 10

She stood nowhere, black surrounded her. ‘Am I dead yet?’ she asked in her mind. A bright light came into view; she covered her eyes because of the brightness. The light dimmed, she opened her eyes and saw a woman with a long red hair like hers. Her blue eyes looked into her. She was gorgeous in an Egyptian white dress.
“Mom, is that you?”Astrid asked.
“Yes it is me,” she answered. Astrid cried and ran to hug her.
“Why did you leave me? Don’t you love me?” She sobbed loudly.“It is so hard without you.”
“I know, I have been watching over you. What you have been through has made you strong. I am so proud of you!” She said as she took Astrid’s face in her hand, she wiped her tears. They talked together for the first time. Her mother was teaching her many things about magic that weren’t written in the book. Astrid was so happy.
“I love you, let’s stay forever!” Astrid said and buried her face into her mother’s warm chest.
“I want it too, but I can’t. You have to leave,” she smiled sadly.
“I don’t want to leave,” Astrid whined and tightened her hug.
“But you must! People who love you are waiting for you right now, sweetheart,” she said as she kissed Astrid’s forehead. Suddenly, she was pulled from her mother’s hand. The black consumed her.
She slowly opened her eyes and felt wet thing on her face. The first thing she saw was Jessica’s crying face as she tried to stop the bleeding with her magic. As soon as she saw her wake up, she pulled her into a bear hug.
“Are you okay? I was worried about you,” Jessica asked.
“I am fine, what happened?” Astrid said.
“You were attacked by Drevil. I heal you while Andrew and Matthew are buying us some time,” Jessica explained. Matthew and Andrew were fighting Drevil. They were having a hard time while Astrid and Jessica were near the window about 8 meters away from them. Astrid stood up slowly.
“What are you doing? You are not perfectly healed yet!” Jessica said, tried to stop her by holding her hand.
“I am going to help them,” Astrid answered.
“But--,” Jessica said but was cut by Astrid.
“I won’t run away this time. I will kill him!” she said strongly as she remove Jessica’s hand.
Jessica sighed and said, “I am going to help you then!” They walked near the fight. Jessica launched her attack as Astrid ran to slash Drevil. Seeing this, Andrew and Matthew immediately understood the plan. They were attacking him with magic, creating opening for Astrid to attack.
“Noisulli,” Drevil spelled as he blocked Astrid’s sword, sending her back.
“Everybody, stay focus! As long as your mind isn’t blank, his magic doesn’t affect you!” screamed Astrid as she remembered what her mother told her before.
“Damn you!” cursed Drevil as he blocked another attack.
“This is our chance!” yelled Jessica.
“Okay!” said Matthew.
“Retaw tohs,” said Jessica as water began to form in the air.
“Eci raeps,” spelled Andrew. The water froze into big spears with thorn.
“Dnuos evaw,” yelled Matthew. The wave pushed the spears in a fast motion. The attack hit Drevil making a loud voice. Astrid ran into Drevil with her sword trying to stab him straight to his heart. Drevil’s eyes widen as Astrid sword pierced through his body. Blood poured out from his mouth he fell into the ground.
“This isn’t the end! I will kill you and your entire friends!” he shouted hatefully as he closed his eyes. His body was getting cold. Astrid and her friends didn’t notice that there was black smoke flew out from his body and escaped through the window.
“It is over,” Astrid said.
“It is,” said Andrew who stood beside her. “Let’s finish our job.”
Astrid looked confused at Andrew. He took Drevil’s bloody cloak and gave it to Astrid. They walked near the window.
“Do it,” said Matthew to Astrid. She grinned at him.
“We won!!!” She announced while waving the cloak like it was a trophy. The war stopped and the witches broke into cheers. Annalisa and Caleb smiled happily. Caleb slowly held Annalisa’s hand as she blushed. The rest of Drevil’s soldiers ran away.
“Be careful, you will fall if you stand too close,” warned Andrew. Astrid was jumping happily near the window as she repeated the words, “We won!” while Matthew and Jessica laughed at her.

THE END