Chapter Three

Chapter 3

"Wanna hear a joke?"

"No."

"What did a fish say when he ran into a wall?"

Sophia raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"Dam!" Teresa burst into laughter at her own joke. And this ladies and gentlemen, is Teresa Stewart. She says a lame joke then laugh at it alone for the rest of the day.

Sophia tried to fight a smile,"This is enough Tess. I need to grab coffee before we continue our hunt."

The two best friends were at the mall, looking for masks to wear for tonight's ball. But unfortunately, they didn't yet find the perfect mask that would match their dresses.

"We're going to Starbucks, right?"

"Yes, my favourite." Sophia smiled. Just thinking of the vanilla latte she loves made her mouth water.

"I wonder why they named it Starbucks, why it's not called Sunbucks, or Stardollars?" Teresa wondered out loudly.

"Just shut up Tess."

Sophia and Teresa ordered their drinks and then headed out. And when Sophia was just about to take a sip, she bumped into a hard chest and the vanilla latte fell on the ground, ruining her brand new shirt. Teresa gasped in shock, this is so not good. She knows how much her best friend loves vanilla latte and she surly knows Sophia won't let this go easily.

Sophia was beyond angry. She was ready to send the criminal to prison, he didn't just spill her favourite drink and ruin her shirt, he also ruined her whole day.

When she looked up to see the cause of this crime, she found a very handsome guy staring at her spilled drink in embarrassment and complete horror. By just looking at his cute face, all her angry thoughts disappeared.

'No Sophia!' She scolded herself. 'He spilled your drink, yell at him! You're Sophia Hastings for God's sake, how dare he?'

Sophia's starstruck expression turned to an angry one. She suddenly screamed loudly"My drink!"

"I'm so sorry miss, I didn't see you there I-"

"Didn't see? How couldn't you see me?! I'm Sophia Hastings, am I invisible to you!" She glared at him. She is so not letting this go.

"I'm very sorry, I know it's my fault but can I please buy you another one as a replacement?" The cute guy nearly begged. People were starting to gather so he wanted the argument to end as he wasn't used to this kind of attention. How stupid of him, reading a book while walking! Now he has to face the consequences.

"Of course buy me another one!"

He stared at the beautiful girl infront of him in surprise. She still wants him to replace her drink even though she humiliated him? He thought just maybe she would let this go until this point. But he'll have to face it, he offered buying her the drink.

"What are you waiting for? I'm a busy woman and I want my latte right now!"

The cute guy disappeared in Starbucks to buy Sophia her drink, but when she looked around, she found a crowd of people staring at her. Wow, she surly made a scene.

"This is it for today, people! Go get a life!" Sophia shouted angrily. The crowd left, giving Sophia nasty looks. Ugh, today wasn't her day.

"Calm down, Soph." Teresa tried to calm her best friend. "Are you on your period?"

Sophia narrowed her eyes at Tess. She wasn't in the mood of jokes right now.

The cute guy came back holding a Starbucks drink in his hand, he gave it to Sophia apologizing again.