Chapter Four

As we laid panting, I couldn't help but blush and my heart to speed up. I just slept with Drake. Drake took my virginity. My best friend's brother.

"You're regretting it already," Drake murmured, sitting up and sighing.

"No, I don't regret it."

He looked at me in surprise. "You don't?"

"I don't, why would I?" Without replying, he pulled me closer and kissed me. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. He trailed his fingers down my sides and sighed. I lean into him. Drake looked at me and bit his lip.

"What?" I murmur.

"What is going to-" he stopped when he heard his phone ring. "Sorry, I better get that." I nod and we move apart. He answered it and instantly frowned. "Mary," he said soothingly. "I'm with her. Just because she doesn't answer her phone doesn't mean she's dead, Mary." He sighs. "Mary, she's in the shower." My heart thudded against my ribcage. He was going to lie to her? Drake met my gaze and sighed before looking away. "Yeah, no she just came out of the bathroom." he hands me the phone.

I stared at him before looking down at my hand, which was resting lightly on Drake's thigh. "Hey, Mary," I said, trying to sound cheerful.

"Hey! I have called you like five times!"

"I'm sorry," I told her. "I got... tangled up."

"Well I got worried."

"I'm sorry, Mary. I'm fine. Everything is fine."

"Vee, did something happen with my brother?"

"Like what?" I asked, my voice raising slightly but I cleared my throat. "What do you mean?"

"Vee did you two kiss, make-out, have sex?"

"O-Of course not!" I replied, shaking my head, even though she couldn't see me.

"Liar."

"Why would I do such a thing?"

"Vee I know something happened."

"Nothing happened. Look, Mary, I got to go and get ready." I sighed. "We need to hit the road."

"But, Vee."

"Bye, Mary," I said before hanging up.

"What'd she want?"

"She asked whether we done anything," I told him, burying my face in my hands. He pulls me close and pulls my hands away from my face. When he gently rubbed under my eyes, I realized I was crying.

He pulls me onto his lap. "What's wrong Vee?"

"We've slept together and I just lied to my best friend!" He rubs my back. "Oh god," I muttered, curling into him though I knew I shouldn't.

"You can call her back and tell her the truth,"

"I can't," I told him, shaking my head.

"Why not?"

"She'll hate me, Drake."

"She won't hate you."

"She will. I've slept with her brother!"

"Vee, she will not hate you."

"And how do you know that?" I demanded, getting up and glaring at him.

"If she'll hate anyone it'll probably be me."

I threw my hands up. "I slept with her big brother, I'm pretty sure she'll hate me, Drake!"

"Vee, calm down."

I gasped and leant my hands on my knees. "Oh god," I muttered. "I'm fine," I said, waving him off when he jumped up.

"Are you sure?" I nodded silently and breathed out slowly. He moves closer and strokes my cheek. I turned my head to look at him. "Everything will be fine."

"We need to think of how to get the rest of the way there," I told him, looking away.

"The trip?"

"What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You said we need to figure out how to get the rest of the way there."

"Yeah, to my dad's wedding," I told him, sighing.

"We'll get there before we need to be there." he tells me. I nodded my head and looked out the window. He kisses the top of my head.

"I'm going to get some food," I mumbled, scooting further up the bed and for the first time, noticing I didn't have clothes on.

"I'll order us something." he tells me. I nodded my head slowly as I pulled the cover around me tightly. He moves closer. "Vee, you don't have to be embarrassed."

"I do," I mumbled, looking down.

"You don't have to be."

"And why's that?" I asked, sighing.

"I like you."