CHAPTER 1- Midnight...Guests?

I opened my eyes to the sound of something falling downstairs. I cursed under my breath and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I looked around at my dark room and got out of bed. There was a light glow coming in through my window. Most likely from the full moon. I got the hockey stick my father used to own (don't question it) before heading downstairs.

I was still only in my shirt and shorts as I walked down the hall. I stopped when I heard someone yell, "Where are any of the candles?!?"

Candles? Who ever uses candles anymore? Hasn't he ever heard of electricity? I rushed down the hall and down the stairs to turn on the lights. In the process, I dropped my hockey stick in the shock of hearing seven grown men scream.

Strangely, the first thing I thought wasn't 'Why are there seven guys in my living room?' or 'How did these people get into my house?' It was actually, "Who the fuck wears a magenta suit?" Much to my dismay I said it out loud. Masking the men wearing said suit look at me with an offended glare

"Obviously not you sweetheart," says the man, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why are you in your undergarments?" asks another with curly hair and freckles splattered across his cheeks.

"Oh my god John," says a man with his hair up in a curly bun. His words had a heavy French accent. "You can't just ask a lady why she is in her undergarments!"

John blushes and I rapidly shake my head. "It's okay," I say. "This isn't even my underwear." I gently smile at John. I then realize that he and three other men are wearing weird looking coats. Well, not exactly weird. Just bit from this century. Like they were from some hundred years ago. They were dark blue and the ones the other men wore looked like they were from about the same period of time. I'd guess from the seventeen to eighteen hundreds.

"Did you just come here from robbing a museum?" I ask. "'Cause I would much prefer to be left alone reading and writing than being interrogated by the cops."

In response, they all looked at me with confused looks. "Museum?" asks a slightly younger looking boy. "What's that?"

My mouth dropped open when I heard weekday he said. He's got to be kidding me, I say in my head. "You don't know what a museum is?" The poor boy looked embarrassed when I said that. He looked down as he shook his head, fiddling with the fabric of his clothes. Oh god, I thought. Now I feel bad.

These men were certainly out of their element. In fact, one of them was looking perplexed at the TV. Another was looking at my laptop with a confused face. When he finally found it could open, he nearly dropped it when the light some in his face. Giving me a small heart attack.

"Wait," I say, clearly knowing the next thing I was going to say would sound stupid. "What year do you think it is?" Most of them replied with seventeen seventy something except for the one who asked me what a museum was. He said the eighteen hundreds.

A man with straight hair looked at the younger looking boy. The room burst with the yells of the men. Each one claiming it was a different year. But four of them said it was 1776. One of the guys stayed silent though. Man, my neighbours must not be enjoying this amount of noise.

"Guys, be quiet!" I screamed. They all looked at me, all of them looking for answers. "It's none of those years!" They gave me more confused stares. I sighed an rubbed my temples. "It's 2019." Their eyes widen and they all have a panic attack. "What? What's wrong?"

"We're in the future!" yelled a man with a bandana around his head. He curled into a ball and rocked himself back and forth. I walked over to him slowly and placed a hand on his shoulder. My hand went up and down his back to try and calm him. Once he was calm enough I stood up.