Chapter 1

Humans are a very interesting species. Always looking for reasons. Reasons to be happy, sad, insecure, self confident or rude to others. They usually hide what they really think in order to appear more likeable. With that same purpose, they also lie. They lie simply to feel better about themselves, to fool someone, to be 'polite'. And lies are the ones who have driven our world into being fake. They led people to becoming fake. Our girl, however, is so different. She doesn't lie to look better in someone's eyes. She doesn't hide her opinions, even if they hurt people's feelings. And she, most definitely, does not need any specific reasons to be mean.

Mireya Ashworth's pink work uniform was a big contrast to her personality. Even so, she put it on and buttoned the shirt up until the last 2 buttons. The black jeans were a breath of fresh air and she looked at herself in the mirror more or less satisfied. She smiled trying to seem polite, but replaced it with her usual ironic smirk. Fake smiling wasn't her thing. After a few moments of mirror grimaces, she stepped out of the changing room and started walking around the shop looking for someone to help out. Well, her own version of doing so.

Soon enough, she spotted a woman roaming around the bikini area. Her body reminded Mira of those Russian dolls in layers, shape wise and width wise at least. She looked at Mira over her shoulder and summoned her there with a wave of her fat arm.

As she approached the new customer, she heard her say. "Do you have this in extra large?"

The woman's face seemed very superficial. It was obvious that she valued herself a lot and didn't bother to greet an 'inferior'. Unfortunately for her, what was also very obvious about her was her size, and it was definitely more than an XL, which Mireya did not fail to notice.

" Hello to you too , and also, you did forget to mention a few Xs ma'am" she told her as polite as it was Mira-possible, which made the woman's eyebrows raise in astonishment. "Excuse me?"

" Alright, I can bring you an XXXL to try on first and if it makes you look fat, which it probably will, because of the 2 piece that highlights the waist, I'll try to find something more fitting, like a one piece maybe." Mireya answered being genuinely useful and practical about it.

Naturally, the woman got angry,not believing the way she was just spoken to and raised her voice at her. "Who do YOU think you are speaking to me this way? I want to see the manager. NOW." this situation convinced Mireya, once more that people don't need real solutions to their problems, they just need empty praise and appreciation. And when they don't get it, they get angry and defensive. It was not right, but it is how the world works, so Mira called for the manager, who wasn't particularly surprised to be summoned. He has been through this because of her more times than he would care to admit.

" Good morning, is there something I can help you with?" The manager's deep and kind voice addressed the furious woman. He put on his most charming smile.

" This little worker here called me fat and refused to bring me the size that I asked for." she complained.

Mireya crossed her arms and smiled ironically. "Technically I didn't call her 'fat', I simply said that this model is going to make her look fat. There's a difference. And about the size, why would I bother bringing it if it's clearly not going to fit her?" she defended herself.

The manager looked at Mira shortly, but ignored the question and turned to the woman again. "We are very sorry ma'am, here, this is Ryan." he said motioning for a tall blonde guy to approach them. "He is also a consultant here and he is going to help you choose whatever item you please from this shop, with a 10 percent sale." he said watching as the woman's face filled with importance and pride all over again.

" Thank you Mister and if I were you I would fire this insolent girl right now." she said looking at Mireya in disgust. This caused the young girl to simply roll her eyes again.