8 - The New Man

The following night, Thea, Peter, and Ned all decided to go to Liz's party

The following night, Thea, Peter, and Ned all decided to go to Liz's party. Thea still disliked the idea that Peter was going to use his alter-ego to boost his high school moral, but she couldn't stop him.

Thea was stuck in the back seat of Peter's aunt May's car. She was seated right next to Ned who was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt underneath a red striped one. Sat on top of his head was a dark brown hat. Thea was wearing a large and puffy blue jacket over a long-sleeved shirt. Covering her legs, she wore ripped skinny jeans paired with sneakers.

Thea looked outside the car window at the house where the party was held. The street was packed with cars, leaving no room to park. Bodies of teenagers filled the house and the surrounding area to the brim, and with more pouring in every second. Exciting, and upbeat music was flowing out of the house, reaching their car on the street, letting them get a taste of the sounds of the party.

May slowed her car to a stop right outside the house. "House party in the suburbs. Oh, I remember these. Kind of jealous."

Peter, Ned, and Thea's gaze were all watched the bustling party and wild teens inside.

"It'll be a night to remember," Ned spoke with a wide smile on his face.

May laughed sweetly at Ned. "Ned, some hats wear men. You wear that hat," May spoke confidently at Ned.

Thea's expression quickly changed from one of happiness into one of worry and confusion as she noticed Peter's face held an expression of stress.

"Yeah, it gives me confidence," Ned replied.

Thea leaned forward, Her body resting against the back of Peter's seat. Her arm propped up on his seat, right below his headrest as she asked in a worried voice. 
"What's wrong Pete?"

Peter removed his gaze at the party and cleared his throat and while looking at Thea behind him he said, "Uh-nothing." He then turned his gaze towards May, "This is a mistake. Hey, let's just go home."

Thea was shocked at this statement. She tilted her head slightly as May sighed out.

"Oh, Peter. I know." Peter nodded along with May. "I know it's really hard trying to fit in with all the changes your body's been going through." Peter's worried expression quickly changed to one of confusion. His eyebrows narrowed down, feeling absurd in the conversation. "It's flowering now," May finished.

Peter looked away from May and rolled his eyes slightly, chuckling. Thea, too, chuckled at May's sentence.

May turned to the pair in the back and whispered out, "He's so stressed out lately."