1- The Recuperation

It took weeks for Thea to fully recuperate after her time in the hands of Hydra

It took weeks for Thea to fully recuperate after her time in the hands of Hydra. There were many times where Thea thought she would never be the same; and in a way, she was right. Diagnosed by a doctor, Thea suffered from PTSD. Something both Tony and her now had in common. Many sleepless nights were brought on by the nightmares that plagued her dreams. Peter tried his best to help out in any way he could with Thea. He held her during nightmares, he sat by her as she got flashbacks and he comforted her during the hardest of times. 

Many nights, Thea was left alone because she couldn't bear the idea of relying on another person to help her. When Truman spoke to her saying that she was always relying on another for help, Thea took it to heart. Something else happened during her time at the base that truly made her mind wander. Thea was able to overpower the inhibitor collar and killed a human being. She always avoids this topic whenever Peter tries to bring it up; making it seem like she just forgot what she did, but in reality, she knew fully well how much it affected her. 

Lying straight to Peter's face whenever he tried to talk about the past, it hurt Thea. But she'd rather avoid talking about it than admitting that she killed someone. Thea still was unable to wrap her head around the fact that she had the power to erase someone from the universe. This type of power shouldn't be physically possible in the known universe. The basic rule of matter is that it can't be destroyed or created, only transformed, but Thea proved this wrong. But the only person who fully understood what she was going through was none other than her own father-figure, Tony Stark. 

He had gone through his own PTSD battles after he came back from the portal in New York. He knew how it affected a person and how to approach the subject without causing another trigger. Peter, however, had to learn the hard way. He grew very cautious around Thea for the first couple of weeks after he caused Thea to have a flashback. Peter beat himself over this slip-up and promised to take care of Thea as much as he could. 

Peter too was going through his own moral queries too. After viewing what Thea could do to a human being without immediate remorse was terrifying for him. He never saw Thea as a destructive force, unlike the rest of the world. Especially after the battle of New York, the world saw Dark Matter as a force to be reckoned with. Now Peter too was rethinking his opinion on Thea. She was still Thea to him. A sweet, if not a little sassy teenage girl who he had come to love. 

~A/N~

~A/N~

The first chapter is up!!!! As you can tell this story is going to be a rollercoaster ride for everyone. I know this was a short chapter, but I just wanted to summarize what happened after Thea had gotten back.