Chapter 11

Shadow's p.o.v.

I stayed holding him like that for the rest of the night. For some odd reason, it was really comforting. I already knew I lost my first chance at asking him if he was showing me that crazy dream or if my mind came up with that itself. I couldn't help myself as I thought over what he said before tho. He killed someone? Why would he be saying something like that? I get that he is a weapon as he said that before and that his purpose in life is doing what G.U.N. says but this?... I don't get it.

I looked down at his now calm features and felt a pull on my heart at thinking of how tense and sad he was before. It was the same feeling I got when I was thinking about the good times me and Maria had in our life. Boy, do I ever miss her. I swore I would never let the past get in the way of life ever again but... I still like thinking about the good times. I leaned against the wall and smiled as I thought about the time when Maria and I had played a prank on Gerald before were we had got him covered in blue paint. We ended up going to bed early for the prank but it was so worth it! Though the next day, we were pranked on by getting glitter all over us. I was not happy. Glitter and fur do NOT mix. It was fucking itchy for crying out loud!

I was snapped out of my thoughts from hearing a strange noise and looked down to see that I was petting Maurice and the sound was purring. Deciding against myself to stop, I scratched his ears and made him move with my hand. It surely was a childish thing that I would ever pet the one who was meant to kill me but then again, we never had proper childhoods. Since I was created for treating Maria's incurable disease and how Maurice was only created for the soul purpose of being the ultimate weapon. I got a little bit ahead of him but even then, I pity him. He's never had fun, no one to care about him until the doctor showed up and was practically tortured. The scientists on the Ark were afraid of me because of the power I possess but they never forced me into any training of that sorts.

I sighed as I recalled the first time me and Sonic met. I wanted to get revenge on the humans for killing Maria and thought that was her dying wish. But at the moment that I met eyes with the blue hedgehog, I knew something was off. His eyes shown how much he had cared and wanted to know about me more even when I used Chaos Control. He looked like someone who wanted to learn. That very hedgehog had surprised me time and time again even after everything I did. Hell, he even used Chaos Control with one emerald and said he got that idea from me. From running at the speed of sound to proving how strong he is with his super form, I couldn't believe it. At those final moments before I completed Maria's wish, I sensed Sonic's energy and was surprised that it was at my level even with my newly acquired super form. It was also the reason I called Sonic the true ultimate life-from cause no matter what happened, he was always able to bounce back from any bad situation.

Looking down at the once blue hedgehog, I could feel a ghost of a smile come on my face. Whatever happens I know that hero would make a comeback and for now, I have to deal with the very being who brought that hero into this cruel world.

Maurice groaned as I saw his eyes flutter open and I mentally prepared myself for any other trauma that he has been through. 'Here goes nothing.'