Untitled Part 17

Slade paced enraged as he thought back to his encounter with Oliver. He should have known something was different, but it had slipped by him. Queen was now a hybrid. That changed the game completely. Slade had been the most powerful vampire in the territory for centuries. If word got out that Queen had beat him it would send out a message that his territory was fair game. Slade didn't want to have to deal with young vampires who were trying to prove themselves and he certainly did not want to deal with the stronger vampires that might try to make a move.

He moved swiftly through the streets following the faint scent that Oliver had left behind. Little did he know that Slade had perfected the art of scenting. He could detect the smallest trace of a different scent and right now he was on her scent. Whomever this woman was meant a lot to Oliver and if Slade was going to have any leverage at all he needed her.

He found his way to a small bed and breakfast on the outskirts of town. It was a non-descript place and Slade's fangs dropped as her smell became stronger. It was quite intoxicating, and he started to think he might have to take a sip of her; just a taste. What could it hurt?

***

Oliver sat up in bed as his senses were on high alert. Another vampire was nearby, and he looked over at Felicity sleeping peacefully before he stood and walked to the window. He peered through the glass into the inky blackness trying to see any movement as he scented. His eyes blazed a deep gold when he recognized the scent that was nearby. It was Slade.

He looked over at Felicity and then moved quickly to the door. He needed to talk to Tommy and then he was going to go find Slade. He could not let him get anywhere near Felicity.

He knocked on Tommy's door and then entered when he heard a muffled, "Come in." Tommy was sitting up on the side of the bed and when he saw the look on Oliver's face he grew worried.

"Oliver what's wrong? Is Felicity ok?"

"It's Slade. I just smelled him outside the house."

Tommy hurried over to the window and glanced outside. It was too dark to see anything, so he turned back to Oliver.

"How the hell did he find us?"

"I don't know. But one thing I do know is that he is tracing me by Felicity's scent. I need to go face him, but I am not going to leave Felicity alone. I don't want her to wake up with me gone and not know why."

"I can go stay with her but Oliver, you can't face him alone." Tommy walked over to Oliver trying to reason with him. "If Felicity's dreams or premonitions are even half true she saw you laying on the ground. Dead."

"I know Tommy, but I can't risk him finding her." Oliver growled out the words and he started to shift.

"If I don't come back soon take the amplifier and move Felicity somewhere safe."

Tommy nodded as Oliver looked at him with his wolf eyes and then he turned and raced down the stairs. He didn't even stop to open the door as he burst through the glass window and raced into the night. He was going to find Slade, drink his blood and then kill him.

***

Felicity jerked awake at the sound of glass breaking.  She reached over looking for Oliver, but he was not there. He was not in the room, but something was telling her she was not alone and when she sat up in the bed, she started to scream, but nothing would come out. There was a man standing in her room just watching her and she scuttled back against the headboard as he took a step closer out of the darkness.

"Shhh, it is ok my dear."

Felicity's eyes widened in shock as the male vampire stepped into view.