Chapter 3: Why?

I sat on the stairs in front of the school deciding to go in or not, just as I got to my feet I got shoved against the stairs and smacked across the face. I looked up to see Alana smirking at me realizing she had hurt me. "Aww poor emo girl got a boo boo?" She laughed as she kicked me in the chest with those awful high heels of hers. Alana, Breah, and Zoe were laughing as they stood over me beating me over and over again as I held my stomach wishing it would all end. "Stop! What are you doing to her?!" I heard someone yell as I started fading out of consciousness just as the figure ran up to me saying my name over and over again. "Melody" a voice echoed as I stirred rubbing my eyes looking around. "Hey sleeping beauty you alive?" I looked over to see an unfamiliar face looking at me. I sat up slightly in panic. "Who are you?" I asked scared. "You...don't remember me?" He questioned looking glum. "No I don't." I replied feeling an odd connection with him. "Something's familiar about you but I can't figure it out" "Hang on" he said walking into another room. I looked around realizing I was in his bed! "Oh no!" I said worried trying to think of what I was supposed to remember. I smacked myself in the head just as he came back in. "Don't hurt yourself please" he said so sweet sitting next to me on the bed. He opened up an old looking box pulling out an old shoelace looking over at me. "Do you remember these?" I looked at him confused but he knew I couldn't. "Don't try to hard you got pretty messed up by those girls." I just looked at him and he patted my head smiling so gently at me and then it hit me. "Munro...." the name slipped through my lips and shock grew over his face. "You remember?" He said worried "Some of it but not all of it." Munro stood up picking me up into his arms hugging me tight. "Melody it's been 5 years since you moved away and you promised me you'd come back don't leave me again!" He started to cry but all I could do was listen to him, he still felt like a stranger to me. "I know you don't remember much but I wanna tell you everything that you forgot so will you go get some coffee with me or something?" He asked putting me down. "I...I guess but I look like a train wreck." I replied touching my bruised cheek. He knelt down in front of me rubbing my cheek so gentle you'd think for such a big guy he'd be more rough then that but he wasn't. He kissed my head so sweetly. "You are more beautiful now then you were back then." I felt my face growing red and he knew it so he grabbed his hoodie off the door handing it to me. "Here." He said walking out of the room grabbing his converse from by the front door. "You ready?" He asked walking back into the bedroom where I had his jacket on with the hood covering my face. "What's wrong Melody?" He asked sitting next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Nothing but um..let's go okay?" I said looking up at him. "Alright." He said walking in front of me out the door.