Chapter 6: Just Stop!

He punched the school door pushing through it and I ran up behind him grabbing his shirt. "Stop damn it!" I yelled at him trying to prevent him from beating Dustin senseless. "Melody he fucking raped you! Do you not care?" He said looking at me. "Of course I care but beating him to death won't change it." I looked down at the space between my feet and he hugged me tight to his chest. "You're right." He said laying his hand on my head. "What do we do now...." I asked looking up at him. He grabbed my hand gently walking through the hallway. "Lemme take you to your classes." He smiled at me. "At least then I'll know you're safe." I looked at him pointing to my first class. He hugged me before opening the door to Mr. Donovan's class. "Thanks." I almost whispered slipping through the door into class coming up with some lie as to why I was late. That class flew by considering my mind was elsewhere, playing last night over and over again. I walked out of my first class heading to gym but I felt the need to look back. "Melody.." I heard someone say. I looked back to see Dustin just a few feet away. I turned back around ready to run but Dustin grabbed me by my hoodie. "Don't forget. I'll be back tonight." He smirked walking away from me and I took off running to the gym only to smack into Munro. "Ow." I whined trying to get to my feet. "What the hell were you running for?" He laughed picking up my textbooks. "Dustin spooked me that's all." I said heading to the girls side of the gym. "Do I need to stay with you through your classes too?" He asked holding my books for me. "No I'm okay just between classes is when I need you to watch my back." "That I can do." He said handing me my books as I shoved them into my locker. "Now go before you get me in trouble and someone thinks we're up to no good in here." I said blushing again looking in my locker for my shorts. "Ahh maybe I want them to." He said acting seductive tickling my sides. "Munro!" I laughed trying to get out of his arms. "Ooh coach she's trying to seduce me." He laughed hugging me again. "See got you to smile." He said rubbing my head messing up my hair. "Thaaanks." I replied sarcastically as he walked outta the gym. I changed into my black gym shorts with white stripes down the side and my Escape the Fate tshirt sliding on my black low top converse. "Better." I said talking to myself walking over to the mirrors. I brushed out my hair pulling it into a ponytail as my bangs fell over my face. I walked outta the locker room to see we were playing volleyball. "Fuck." I said to see it was girls vs boys and sadly Dustin had the same gym class as I did. Munro was up on the bleachers smiling at me as I walked up to the girls side. The game started and Munro was keeping his eyes on me like I was the only one in the gym, I felt wanted and happy and I was actually smiling regardless of if Dustin was there or not. I even hit the ball a few times and a few girls were smiling at me. One girl moved up beside me in time to hit the ball over the net smiling at me. "Good game girls." The coach yelled as the whistle blew to end the game. The same girl ran up behind me as I headed into the locker room. "Good job out there." She said running over to her locker. I walked up to my locker unlocking it pulling out my mary janes and skinny jeans. "Thanks." I replied looking back at her. "Cute shoes. I'm Lucy, I go by L though." She said walking up to me pulling on a skelanimal hoodie. "Thanks" I replied pulling up my skinnies and taking off my ETF shirt realizing I was exposing my bruises. I quickly pulled on my striped long sleeve shirt trying to hide them from Lucy. "Whoa what happened to you?" She asked looking at me. "Nothing I'm okay." I replied grabbing my bag and books closing my locker. "Oh..alright. Hey if you want we should hang out sometime." She said walking next to me leaving the locker room and heading over to Munro. "That would be great." I said smiling at her as we waited at the bottom of the bleachers while Munro ran down them at me. "MELODY!" He yelled grabbing me into his arms hugging me. "Hey beautiful you did good out there." He smiled putting me down. "Boyfriend?" Lucy asked looking at us laughing slightly. "No no he's just.." I said looking down blushing. "Close friend" Munro said shaking her hand. "That's a shame you two look cute together." She said smiling at me. "Thank you." Munro replied poking my sides. "But hey I gotta go to my next class but um Melody if you're not doing anything after school we should hang out." She said. "What's your number?" I asked pulling out my phone. She gave me her number and I added it to my contacts under Lucy aka L. "See ya!" She laughed running off to catch up with some other girls. Munro had me hugged to his chest just as Dustin walked up looking for trouble.