Chapter Twenty Two-Oh, Carl

"Listen, Carl, I don't care if you don't like him that doesn't give you the right to try to murder him, okay," El said, trying to defuse the situation.

"Uh, yeah, it does!" Carl protested, holding the repulser of the iron man suit he stole out at Spider-Man. El stepped in between them and held her hand out defensively. She hated her powers, but if it came down to her feelings or her family, the choice was non-existent. Though, she was kind of annoyed at the entire situation.

Tony and Steve had been out on some sort of adventure, a trust-building exercise, or something like that. Apparently, they hadn't had the greatest past. So, of course, nothing wanted to go well, and some weird dude with a thirst for vengeance shows up and interrupts Good Omens. So now, here they were, standing in the living room ready to destroy him.

When El saw Carl start to power up the repulsers she acted quickly, starting a fire on the man's clothes and though you couldn't tell it was there from the outside, you could hear his screams.

Once she thought the man had gotten enough of a char, she put out the fire and watched as he dropped to the ground.

"Can you leave, I really want to see how this man reacts to talking to aliens." The man scrambled up and went to leave, "Without the suit, " El pushed. The man reluctantly removed it before running away.

"So, wanna go back to watching this?" Peter just stared for about three minutes before replying, "uh... sure."

:_:_:_:_:_:_:

"Why is there a suit in the middle of the living room?" Was the first thing Tony said when he walked in, "Because El is a badass that defeated this fool that stole your Iron Man suit, " Peter pipes up eagerly. El smiled at his response.

Tony frowned and Steve muttered a small 'Language.'

"That doesn't make sense, my suits have a protocol that doesn't let unauthorized access, so he must have hacked it!" Tony exclaimed worriedly, and El made a face, "Uh, that guy didn't really seem smart enough to hack your tech."

"Jarvis?" Tony asked into the air. No response. They looked around worriedly.

"Shit," Tony muttered as he bolted to his lab. They all followed closely behind. By the time they got down there, Tony already had a computer fired up and was furiously typing.

"What are you doing?" Pete questioned.

"Making sure that prick didn't touch Jarvis." Tony spat, obviously angry. El slightly flinched at his tone.

"Goddamnit!" Tony shouted as he slammed his fist on the table. El slightly backed up after flinching.

"Tony, calm down," Steve suggested -more so kindly demanded-, noticing El's reaction. Tony ignored Steve's comment and rolled his chair to the other side of the room before firing up another computer. The split second it turned on, he began typing at the speed of light.

After entering multiple lines of code, he clicked enter one last time. The screen started flashing with a 'SUCCESS' sign.

"Jarvis? You there, bud?" Tony questioned.

"For you sir, always." He responded in his heavy accent. Tony sighed in relief.

"Show security footage for my lab and the living room."

"Right away, sir." Two screens appeared in front of them. One with the Peter and El watching Good Omens, and the other of Tony's lab. They all leaned in closer to the screens, eager to see what happened. A man entered the living room in Iron Man Suit Mark 23.

El immediately stood up from the couch to face the man. Peter suited up quickly.

"Where's Iron Man?" He asked. Meanwhile... On the other screen, somebody walked into Tony's lab and began typing away.