Chapter 15

TRIS

So much has been on my mind lately and as the distractions keep piling on, it's hard for me to concentrate on Tobias and myself.

As we walked down the hallway from the meeting we just finished, Tobias accidentally ran into someone.

His Abnegation started to show as he immediately apologized and helped the lady regain her balance.

Then, a sudden quietness hushed over us all as I turned my head to see exactly who he ran into.

Evelyn.

Why was she here? How did she get here? What does she want?

I don't know any of the answers to those questions at this point.

My hands squeeze into fists and my body tenses up. I never liked Evelyn's presence, but there's nothing I can do about it because she's my boyfriends mother.

Tobias tenses up too; his body stiffens and his eyes lock on hers. His hands start to shake and he starts to sweat.

"What are you doing here?" He asks his mother in a rather harsh tone.

"Well, I'm glad to see you too, son." She retorted, clearly being sarcastic with the additional eye roll.

"I'm not in the mood for games. I could easily have you kicked out of this faction in the blink of an eye." Tobias agrues, sure of himself and his power, as well as his connections.

I stand there in silence the entire time, still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that she's here.

"I'm here because I have a message. From your father." Evelyn spits the information out like she's just a news carrier.

"Marcus is not my father. He lost his right to call himself that when I was 16." He seemed confident but nervous. Strong but weak. He was the little boy from Abnegation, but he was also the strong soldier from Dauntless.

"Do as you wish, call him whatever you want. He said he wants you to meet him at Amity fields tomorrow at midnight." I am surprised how Evelyn is saying all this information in front of me. Maybe she forgot I was there.

I wasn't that lucky...

"Why would I meet him at all after all he did?" Tobias is almost screaming with anger.

"I cannot say with her here." She nudges her head in my direction. Tobias looks at me, as I am still unable to move or speak, then looks back at his mother.

"Whatever he has to say to me, he can say to her." He answers firmly, trusting me and himself that no matter what this is about, I can handle it.

"No, she can't hear this... " She mumbles. "It's about your brother..."

And for the first time ever, I could hear the crickets chipping outside.

A/N:

AAAANNNNNDDDD I'M BAAAACCKKK!!!

How was THAT cliffhanger doing for you?

Curious? Confused? Shocked? Speechless?

Yeah, so am I... It just came to me and I was like "Let's roll with it." 

Anyways, I was literally speechless/shocked when I saw that I had 1k reads!!

THAT'S CRAZY!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I'm currently in journalism class at my high school and let me tell you, BEST ELECTIVE EVER!!!

Well, maybe for me since I love writing...

Anyways, bed time. Good night folks!

Comment, vote and recommend to your friends! ❤❤❤

Live Well, Laugh Much, Ship FourTris!!!