I am Tyler

Tyler's POV

My name is Taylor Rebbeca Joseph and I am a miserable human being. I suffer from many mental illnesses such as Depression, Schizophrenia, ADD and Gender dysphoria.

I have been a boy mentally for as long as I can remember.. even tho no one else knows.. until now..

I sat in my room the pink wallpaper littered with things ranging from band posters to photos of me and Josh. This was my own personal attempt to hide the feminine colour that surrounded me every time I set foot into my room. That is without being to obvious about it..

I sat there on my flannel comforter earlier today I had come out to my mom about being transgender, to my surprise she was very supportive. She agreed to call my Tyler and He/Him which made my heart flutter wit Joy. This was at the time when my dad was out.. he had yet to know... in fact I was scared to see his reaction when he found out..

I hear the outside door downstairs slam shut and the sound of my fathers heavy boots thump around the living room.

"How was work today Arthur?"
I heard my moms frail voice call out.

"SHUT UP you stupid broad."
I heard my dad hiss back

After that the voices just turned to mumbling and all I could make out was that my parents were arguing yet again. My father was an abusive alcoholic. He liked to take his anger out on myself and my mother as well as anything he could get ahold of.

The mumbles continues until I heard my name being brought up into conversation.
"Oh shit.."
I thought to myself and then...

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN TAYLOR IS A BOY? SHE IS MY LITTLE GIRL DON'T YOU LIE TO ME WOMAN! I HAVE RAISED HER SINCE SHE WAS BUT A CHILD!"

A loud slam and the sound of glass crunching was heard I flinched.

"Please Arthur calm down!" Her screams echoed threw the house.

I knew I should go down there to intervene. My mother means the world to me. She has been there for me three thick and thin. She supported me. I got up and ran to the living room where my dad was towering over my mother who was badly beaten on the living room floor. I rushed over to her side and knelt down beside her.

"Mom.. I'll call for help!"

I went to get up to run back to my room to call the cops when my name slipped from that monsters mouth.

"TAYLOR REBECCA JOSEPH!"

I froze there unable to move. He stormed over to me and grabbed me by my collar whipping me around and pinning me to the wall.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ALL OF THIS?!"
His breath reeked of whiskey. His grip tightened as my hoodie was starting to leave marks from being pressured against my neck.

I knew what was coming next.. I braced myself for it closing my eyes tight

*PAFT*

He lands a blow on my nose. I whimper and he tosses me to the ground. I curl up in the fetal position. He then proceeded to beat me over the head with his fist and kick me in the ribs.

"THOSE WHO DISOBEY WILL LEARN TO RESPECT!"
He said spitting on me before walking out of the house.

My father left me there wheezing and sobbing wiping blood from my split lip and more then likely broken nose. I pulled myself up as much as I could trying to not put any pressure on my now bruised up and possibly broken arm. My father has kicked it when I was shielding my ribs. I dragged myself to my feet and made my way up the stairs after seeing my mother had already got up and left as well.

As I entered my room I noticed my phone glow coming from my piano.

"4 missed calls from Joshie💕"
Appeared on my screen I reached out weakly.

As my fingers trembled to unlock my passcode he called again. This time I was able to answer and throw it on speaker.

"H-hey Josh.."
I said trying to hold back my sobs but I knew I was to weak.

"TJ?!?? Are you ok what's going on???"
His voice filled with worry.

"M-my dad-"

"AGAIN!? TJ this is the third time this week! Is that why you haven't been at school?"
He cut me off becoming enraged.

"I am going down there right now stay put TJ!"
He continued before hanging up.

I laid there to weak to pick myself up now laying on the floor.I closed my eyes as my head was throbbing and the world was fading to black.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

(Hey guys so this is my first Joshler fan fic! Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! Let me know what you guys think 😊)