One

*The pics featured do not belong to me: credit to the original artists*

(This is just my head canon and is not an official story but is merely theoretical. Any-who, enjoy ma dudes!)

He tossed and turned slowly abandoning a deep sleep and turned to the waking world. Light pierced his eyes and he squinted until his vision regulated. His gaze was directed up to a large, ancient hall. The walls of stone were dressed in flags bearing a somewhat familiar symbol. At the centre of the hall stood a great fireplace, the only thing providing this cold space with light.

"It worked..."

He turned round spooked. There standing over him stood a tall man with swarthy skin, draped in black.
He stood stoically for a while, not uttering a word, until he broke into a twisted smile...

"Dark Link..."

"Me...?"

The boy replied in a meek voice.

"Yes...that is you're name..."

He stared up at the man towering over him confused and bewildered, he had no memory of his name.....until now, he didn't even know where he was.

"H-how do u know.... I-I can't remember-"

"I created you...", the man interrupted.

"You are born of an age old magic thought to be inaccessible to anyone but luckily I had some...unexpected help getting it, this is why you have no memories..."

The boy didn't reply.

"It's amusing", the man continued,"I knew the power of the Triforce was the greatest virtue of this world but to be able to create life, to create a Drow like yourself....heh, well even I was surprised."

'A Drow..?'Dark thought to himself. 'A...dark elf?' It was strange how he seemed to suddenly recall certain things and simply know what they were.....and yet no one had needed to tell him. Perhaps he would rather not know why.

The boy jumped down from a table which he apparently had been lying on. He glanced around the hall until he noticed an old mirror. Stepping forward to meet his reflection he met with a somewhat eerie sight.

He looked to see a boy 10.....or 11 years old maybe, starting back at him....but his glowing eyes...where a crimson red? His skin..a deathly grey like a storm ridden sky, a pure white mop of hair hung down over his face and long elven ears poking out from behind his fringe.

He even noticed a small pair of fangs when he opened his mouth. He was a Drow after all?

"Dark... Link...", uttered the young boy whispering within his own subconscious. He was dressed in a jet black tunic and small grey boots, he even had a long black cap to match his tunic. He stood in silence for some time observing his...strange appearance. He wondered about what sort of person he was. Who was he truly?

He had to be someone. 'Perhaps I'm strong......maybe smart?', Dark thought. 'I bet I'm fast!

.....am I handsome?', he pondered. '...Pretty sure I am.' he smiled. He liked the boy he saw bearing a fanged grin from the other side of the mirror. The young Drow reached up to feel his soft white hair when the man spoke up again, breaking the silence, his looming figure now standing in front of the fireplace.

"...this kingdom is known as Hyrule, the place we are now; Hyrule Castle in the spare hall..

And I am Ganondorf the
king...well........I will be very soon...
as you are going to help me become just that.", he said gaze caught deep in the infinite flames.

"W-wha...but why?.."

"To liberate this forsaken kingdom, the current king is weak and those who follow him moronic...
But when I-am king...
the mindless people of this world will know true power..."

"How......do you know they are mindless?", Dark Link questioned growing more confident.
Ganondorf looked across the room and approached the boy. He pulled a sickly  smile and replied;

"Well my boy.....why don't you head down to the castle village and see for yourself....the people there are nothing but cruel and uncaring....

But keep away from any of the guards, I will NOT have you ruining my plans..."

The man gestured Dark out of the hall into a gloomy stairwell and left him alone. He left the hall cautiously, shivering from the cold, unsure of which way he should go. However, his decision was made for him as he heard sharp paced footsteps coming down the stairs from above.

He quietened his breaths and hurried downwards, the steps grew steeper and steeper as he went. He dreaded the thought of being spotted, he may not have known a great deal about this place but he knew being caught was not a preferred option.

As he approached an exit to the castle his hands shook from anticipation. Despite what Dark had been told he refused to believe that the people of Hyrule could hate him. After all he had done no wrong? For something inside him made him believe...a longing that perhaps he could be liked maybe even make friends with children from the village. That childish optimism churned through his entire being.

Dark's heart pounded from the excitement, he ran down the path, while avoiding any soldiers, with the village awaiting him in the distance.