Eight

I faltered through the undergrowth, I could see Hyrule field beyond. At last I strained over to the edge of this cursed forest, finally leaving it behind. Fatigue and pain still left me limping like a damn idiot....ugh I could do with a fairy in a bottle right about now.

I decided to make my way to Kakariko village. At least there I could find a potion that would help. Late afternoon was approaching already and I actually began to grow anxious to reach the village.

Ganondorf had created many monsters to prevent Link from stopping him but that didn't mean they only bothered the hero himself. I myself had already been attacked by a few Lizalfos on my journeys. Dumb screaming lizards....

If I ever saw Ganondorf again I might just kill him myself. I don't care if he created me or not, once I ended Link I would be sure to finish my "master" as well. I would be king. What a wonderful thought, I deserved it after all didn't I?

                                 ***

The journey took slightly longer than I liked as late afternoon set upon the village as I entered. The entire area seemed at peace...haha until I was seen that is. All of the villagers had gathered together in the centre of the courtyard for what appeared to be a celebration. Hmmm, I liked how their happiness and cheering turned to screams and gasps in my presence. After all this is what I was meant to do. I do bad things and I do them extremely well....

They fell silent until only the slow footsteps of my grey boots crunching on the dirt path remained. I sauntered right through the crowd, they dared not move much to my delight. I smirked showing my fangs staring each dead in the eye simply to see their face fill with horror. My crimson eyes searched round playfully.

Without warning I let out a resounding hiss and instantly each villager as if struck by a sudden jolt of energy ran for safety into the surrounding buildings. I laughed manically as the village once again was consumed by a deadly silence. I made my way to the only decent potion shop I could find hidden behind the towering buildings.

One heart potion later and I felt the pain ease at last. Fatigue still seemed to naw relentlessly but at least I found some peace. The shop owner remained quiet until I felt her eyes burning into the back of my head. I looked up scowling; "what do you want?!"

"You don't like him do you...?"

"I don't like a lot of people, you're going to have to be more specific."

"You want him dead?"

"Uh Yes probably....
.....We're talking about the same person right?"

"The hero.....?"

".........."

"Well.....what if I could tell you where he's headed?", she said with a cackle.

I scoffed; "Yea right"

"Do you think I'm joking young man..?"

".....Fine tell me where he is!", I retorted sarcastically.

She leaned forward and begun to whisper as if she was being watched, "Well.....that hero was in here the other day and.....he muttered something about 'all the sages' or something and then.....about 'heading for Hyrule Castle'."

"Hmmm", I stared into nothingness for a moment, thinking. Then I got up to leave but stopped at the door.

"How come you're telling me this.....you don't owe me anything?", I uttered suspiciously.

"He trailed mud through my shop the last time he was here...."

I rolled my eyes and left.
I took the time to rest outside the shop. Sat upon the roof of the building I watched as some villagers attempted to go outside. Some noticed and ran back shuddering from fear and others didn't even notice me. I cared not anymore for reactions, it had already become mundane. I had to move quickly. Link would be at Hyrule Castle by now for sure.

***

With my much of my strength revitalised I had little trouble making it to the castle. It was dark and morose as usual but something seemed off.....well more off than usual. Wait, what the hell is this!? I found myself stood in front some freaking rainbow bridge. I hated it.....
it clashed with the blood red moat below ruining the evil vibe of the castle.

However, it would mean I could get across easily. I only just stepped across when the earth shifted sharply and a deep rumbling echoed throughout. I looked up to see the castle shift and quake. Piece by piece it began to fall apart, huge chunks of rubble came flying down I ducked under my black shield from the small bricks landing around me, until an avalanche of bricks came hurtling towards me.

I leaped away dodging just in time as it landed behind me. It split into pieces as it crashed, fractures sliced my back as I crawled away. A string of fire shot up my back, it stung bitterly. Gathering my wits I stumbled back across the bridge before the entire Castle came crashing down. Panting heavily I escaped to the high ground. Only a smoking pile of ruins remained of what was once a monstrosity of a structure.

And there stood before me was the princess and him; Link. How I'd liked to have stabbed him through the heart right that very second. I could see Zelda, her long pink dress and silky blonde hair.

She really was beautiful. Perhaps this was the only thing I could honestly admit to sharing with the hero,
How much he and I loved Zelda.

They both stood staring into the flames, as shocked as each other...but only for a mere moment as from the rubble emerged Ganondorf. He transformed from his Gerudo form
Into a huge beast twice the size of Link.

Rather unsurprisingly they immediately began to fight, what became their battleground was now dowsed in flames. Zelda stood outside watching her hero fight. I was tempted to approach her.....Link wouldn't be in the way.

But pain still gnashed viciously at my back. I could barely stand, I couldn't talk to her like this. I gasped from exhaustion. The battle still raged on, both the hero and Ganondorf had taken grave damage. Perhaps they would both die; that would be ideal.

Screams and roars came from the beast until somehow Link landed the final blow. The beast fell to the ground and melted away into an oily black mess. The battle ended sooner than I expected but I wouldn't have to deal with Ganondorf anymore...