Chapter 1: By saying this

Before the story begins. Welcome to By Accident. I'm a native Spanish speaker so the title makes more sense in that language. This is a love story about two boys who don't quite know their feelings towards each other.

I have written other stories before but this is the first one on Wattpad. It will also be my first story in this writing style. All of my stories have multiple main characters. This story features Max, Austin, Harper, and Lily. They are the main characters at the moment. Of course, that can change in the future. You'll be reading in Max's POV which I think makes everything feel very special.

Lastly, as I already said, I'm not a native English speaker. If you see any grammar errors just tell and I will try to fix them. I just hope you fall in love with these characters as much as I did.

***

It was hot and cold. Sweaty and dry at the same time. The day I decided to make a move... I took my phone out and called my best friend. I say "Is the target in place?" with an enormous smile on my face as she answers across the hallway saying "Yes, he is."

I tell myself that I'm ready. I'm about to walk to this boy and kiss him. I started walking towards him while pretending to read a book. I see that he's using his phone which makes my plan 100% easier. The distracted driver is the one that ends up falling.

***

Everything worked perfectly. My book is on the floor and we're both about to get down and get it.

But I froze.

He handed me the book while saying "How come you always bump into me?" As it turns out this is not the first time I've tried to make a move on him. I just thought this one would work.

After being in complete shock for about 9 seconds I said: "Uh... because you always find a way back to me." His looks completely changed and then said: "Oh, see you around."

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

***

This is just the sad story of my life.

Hi, my name is Max and I am a human being. I would say that I also am a dog lover, food lover, people lover? It's pretty safe to say that I love almost everything. Even the things I "shouldn't" love.

My name is Maxwell Atwood and I like guys. A sentence I have never said out loud. Felling attraction for the same gender makes you gay when you're a guy. But I simply do not like labels.

I love in a small county called Riverside right in the middle of The Bronx and Manhattan. New York has a lot of dreamers including me. I just dream I could cuddle with Austin.

Austin Valerie is the boy of my dream. Fair skin, blue eyes, perfectly brushed dark hair, and a jawline that could kill.

***

After school, I come home to have dinner. My mother is very protective, she makes sure we talk about our day.

"How was school?" she says eagerly. I immediately replied, "It was just like every other day."

My sister Veronica breaks the tension by saying "I have some papers for you to sign."

The way she said that reminded me of our father. I wish I knew where he is but I wish I didn't at the same time.

***

While I was daydreaming once again I hear my mom say "Jason called earlier."

Veronica and I immediately looked up while asking a bunch of questions. I saw that Mom got a little overwhelmed so I quieted down a little.