Chapter 3: By my time

I came to school with a positive outlook today. I thought everything that went down last night was just a bad dream. That was until I walked into the cafeteria and saw Jazz and Austin kissing. "Do they really have to be kissing here." I said.

Harper goes "Lunch is where the half's meet each other make out." while holding her lunch.

I looked a them and said to Harper"I still don't believe it."

"It's not a social experiment, Max." Said Harper.

I say "I'm not even sure about my feeling towards Austin anymore. I mean, what senior dates a junior? This doesn't happen in real life."

Harper says "It's happening right in front of our eyes."

I raised my voice a little while saying "In which side are you on? It sure as hell doesn't look like mine."

Harper instantly replies "I'm on your side, always. I just think that their relationship is totally real." While holding her fists.

I go "What if she cheats on him?"

Harper goes "He'll have your shoulders to cry on."

I get my lunch. We walk to our table. Lily is already sitting there. We talked about last night for a few minutes. And just after we started eating I see in the corner of my eye that Austin and Jazz are leaving the cafeteria.

Harper goes "How did you do on the test?"

I say "Oh my, I think I forgot my pencil case at homeroom." After that I got up and left the cafeteria too.

***

I walk into home room and the first thing I see is Austin kissing Jazz.

I go "Have you... seen my pencil case." Very awkwardly.

They stop making out. Austin looks at me and says "Oh, Max, can we talk?"

I'm still making the awkward face. Then I say "Uh... sure." After I said that Jazz basically flew out of the classroom which was very impressive.

Austin comes closer to me and says "Why did you leave the party?"

Austin has that masculine voice. I wish he'd talk to me all the time. When he talks it's breakfast, lunch and dinner for me. He's not a snack, he's an entire meal.

I come back to the conversation and I say "I was feeling uneasy."

Austin goes "Are you sure? Because it looked like you were having fun until I told everyone about my relationship with Jazz."

I go "No, no, no, no, no. It has nothing to do with Jazz." I was obviously lying. It is about Jazz. Why are you dating her instead of me.

He goes "Are you ok with my relationship with her?" While looking at me worried.

I said "Why wouldn't I m?" When all I wanted to say was "No, I am not."

Then Austin said "You're really important to me. Your opinion matters."

Oh my God. That is the sweetest thing I ever heard. I am very important to him. My opinion matters. But I had to snap out of it.

I responded "My opinion is; I want you to be happy but I'd watch my back."

I walked pass him. That last sentence left him all confused. Is that what I wanted?

***

Later I was telling Harper everything that happened. We were both doing homework in my bedroom.

I go "He said and I quote "your opinion matters"."

Harper got exited for a second. Then she said "Did you kiss him?"

"Obviously no, Harper." I said with my serious voice.

Then I hear my mother call me. I got up from my desk and walked to the kitchen.

While I'm walking into the kitchen my mother says "Guess who's on the phone?" with a big smile.

For a second I thought it was my father. But why would my mother be exited about him. I came to my senses and said "Jay?"

She nods. I am happy that Jason's calling. It's been a while since I've talked to him. I walked towards my mom. She handed me the phone and I walk to ur backyard.

"How are you doing? When are you coming?" I said.

Jason replies "I don't know but I think it'll be pretty soon." He paused for a second and then said "Now, tell me about your life. Is Austin your boyfriend?"

I got a little sad and replied "Austin has a girlfriend."

He laughed after I finished what I had to say. So rude.

"I can't believe you let a girl get in your way. I mean, I know you're all about girl power but. She stole your man." said Jason while laughing.

Jason totally changed my mood. I was having a decent day and her kind of maid it worse.

I said "It's not like I can force him to be with me."

My eyes were just about to burst into tears. I couldn't listen to Jason anymore. I take a deep breath and he said.

Jason goes "I hope you're not taking any of the things I'm saying seriously. I love you Max will always stand by your side." Jason said.

What happened the next day was far more interesting.

Appearances

-Max Atwood
-Harper Silas
-Austin Valerie
-Jazz Ortega
-Karen Atwood
-Jason Atwood