Part 26 - A New Voyage

"Good morning!" I said with a hand cupped over my mouth.

I was standing in the edge of a clearing, looking upwards to the Cherrim-like flying contraption hovering in front of my nose. Soon, the owner came out parting the curtain. As soon as he spotted me, he smiled and held out his hand.

"Climb up," he said, "you're good to go already?"

"Yeah," I said and placed my hand on top of his, "I'm awake, so I can walk on... and so I can listen to future Gaku-san songs,"

He chuckled and pulled me up, "come on, let's review our route,"

~~~

"And out of every possible option it has to be a sea route?" he asked while walking beside me.

"The weather's really bad this morning," I said, "it can't be helped, we have to take the ships. Salamence might get injured if a storm kicks in,"

The guy next to me just sighed and pulled the tip of his hat downwards while looking so glum.

"What is it with you and ships anyway?" I asked.

"No-nothing. It's... public transportation," he said, "someone's bound to recognise me there,"

Oh, right... I thought, up until this point I never know why townspeople hate him so much...

Has his attitude really got him in that much trouble?

~~~

The two of us got on board. As he requested, he got himself a window seat on the back while I sat next to him. Without much delay, the ship started sailing slowly. That said, it sure shook a lot. The waves were the farthest thing from peaceful and calm then. Suddenly, I felt something weighing my head. When I turned around, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. He just rested his head so casually on mine!

"What are you doing?" I asked and pushed his head back.

He put his hand on his forehead and closed his eyes. He didn't answer for a while and looked at me with sorry-looking eyes.

"Sorry... I'm getting sea sick," he finally said, "my head's really turning,"

I blinked a few times and stared at him with a surprised look.

Don't tell me... this is the real reason he didn't want to take the ships... I thought.

"How much longer..." he muttered.

"We got on board 15 minutes ago," I said, "so I say... about 45 minutes?"

"I'm dead..." he said as he rested his head on his elbow. Then, the next second he slumped in the chair. I got a bit worried with his restless movements.

"You aren't going to... throw up, are you?" I asked.

"Don't.ever.remind.me.of.such.a.thing," he said with a strained voice.

Uhh... what should I do? I thought and frantically looked around.

"Oh," I said and reached for my bag's front pocket, "when I was younger, my grandpa always carries these things..."

I felt a sharp plastic edge in my pocket and took it out along with my hand. I opened my palm and showed a few wrapped candies with different colours.

"They're herbal candies," I said, "I think they can make you feel better,"

He took one from my hand. Sighing, he muttered, "thanks," while unwrapping it.

I waited for him to pop the candy into his mouth, and looked away while saying, "although I'm not sure how long has it been in my bag,"