Part 15 - Night market on Clemence Hill

After flying on top of Salamence's back for hours, the two of us landed in a city quite earlier than I expected. Right as I set foot on the ground and laid my gaze onto the view, I couldn't help but look up in awe to see the unique architectural style of the place. Tall ionic columns stood in the front entrance of the city. From the distance, I could see that the city is actually build on top of white marbles. Houses and small shops sat on different heights of the marbles. White marble staircases led to the houses. It looked like Sootopolis, but it was not located in the crater of a dead volcano, and was built on the top of marbles instead. On the far end, stood Clemence Hill, where a small church stood at the very top of it.

The sky has just darkened and stars started climbing their way to the skies. However, torches of different colours were also put in the sides of the road, acting as street lights... which just made things even more new and unique to me. Out of curiosity, I walked up to the sizzling green fire and stared at it in awe.

"I guess they use Barium in it?" asked a voice coming from above my head, "well, this place is close to a mine, I'm guessing they have tons of these... probably that's a Barium Chloride, though, not a lone Barium since it's impossible to find one unbinded with-"

"What's that?" I asked and looked up, right on time to catch the guy's chestnut eyes.

"It's an element," he said matter-of-factly, "you see, when it's put to the fire, the fire turns green. Clemence Hill is a mining area down there, so probably they want to show off a little..."

So he's the type to go "umm, actually", huh? I thought and chuckled inwardly, not that I'm opposed to learning more about new places...

"Oh, that's cool," I said and turned around, "have you been around before?"

"To the mines? Not quite...?" he asked with a confused look, "that's not something unauthorised people have access to,"

"No, this area - Clemence Hill?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah... several times," he said and looked away, "that reminds me, the old supermarket building is about five kilometres away from the city, so probably we'll call it a day here and continue first thing in the morning,"

"No way, it's just around five..." I said and looked around, only to notice something, "oh right... it's winter... the sun's going to set real soon..."

"Exactly - it's going to be hard to investigate in the dark. Speaking of which, do you have the paperwork necessary to enter the area? Just in case some officials are on guard," he asked, "I don't think they'll let just anyone to enter that place,"

"Oh... yeah, I do. Matias sent back-up documents to my e-mail," I said, "I'll print them afterwards, no worries,"

"I guess we'll see each other again tomorrow morning here..." he said and turned his back against the city.

"Huh? Where are you going?" I asked.

"To camp," he said and turned back to me.

"In the wilderness?" I asked, "why don't you just go to the Pokémon Centre?"

"...it's a long story. I prefer not to see anyone from here," he said.

He has issues with the townspeople here too?! I thought.

"What exactly makes so many people hate you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, why wouldn't people hate me?" he asked and looked away while scratching the back of his head, "do you think I'm someone pleasant to socialise with? I don't bother helping someone's in trouble, I'll just walk out and be 'business as usual', I'm not... a nice person,"