13 |:| Return to Pace

Engulfed in the smokey scent coming from the forest as heavy clouds loomed above, Ryunoa stood outside the military base with her bags.

"Kayosu!" Chief Shidare called out while approaching her with Endou. "Don't leave without saying goodbye!"

"Oh-- I wanted to, but they didn't give me much time for detours," she replied.

"They rushed you to pack and made you wait twenty minutes for your ride. That's the military for you," said Chief Endou.

"Thank you so much for watching over me this past week! It was a great experience and I learned so much," the girl stated, shyly pressing her eyebrows together.

"I hope you visit us again. I really didn't expect an invasion to happen during your internship, but I'm glad that you are unharmed."

"And you helped out a bunch. I'm very thankful that you chose us for your assignment," Chief Shidare winked as Endou nodded.

Ryunoa tensed up as her cheeks began to tingle, "Uhm. . . I'll miss everyone--"

"Hey! Wait up!" Kobayashi ran towards them, "oh great, Kayosu hasn't left yet. Let's take a picture!"

"What?"

"Come on! We'll probably see your face all over the news when you become a hero, so you need to remember us somehow!"

"That's true, I'll take the picture," Yamarashi walked up and was handed the Polaroid camera.

"You don't want to be in it?"

"You won't forget the person who gave you your first punch," the porcupine smirked and stood in front of them. "Now, look less awkward in 3...2...1"

After the flash went off, the car arrived to take Ryunoa to the airport before she said her farewells. Leaving the taiga, the sky began to lighten with the dawn.

"Damn, you look tired kid," EnergyCraft laughed when she arrived at the gate.

"I still need to make it to school in an hour. . ." She yawned as the dad took the luggage off her shoulder.

"I brought your schoolbag, so I'll just take this bulky one back home," he handed her the other bag as she lazily threw it around her body. "You know you could stay home for a couple of hours and get a late-pass for school, since you had to travel."

"Should I?"

"You look exhausted from being away for too long. I'll call up your school so you can skip first period. From a 24/7 internship on the other side of the country, and then going to school right after-- most adults can't do that and you need to take care of yourself first."

"But--"

"Don't feel bad. You're still a student after all. You're not getting paid to be acting like these stressed out adults," EnergyCraft pulled out his phone and dialed U.A's attendance office. "Hello! I'm calling as a parent for my child who will be attending school a little bit later in the day. She just got back from traveling. . ."