CHAPTER 2 ✓

BLAZE’S POV

Konnichiwa!

I’m on my way to buy iced coffee for my friends in the World of Sweet Cafe. When I parked my vehicle, my eyes caught a glimpse of the latest model of a motorcycle! So I take a closer look and I am right, it is the latest model of Suzuki!

Kawasaki Ninja H2R!

This is so cool. I wanted to have this model but my money wouldn’t let me. Sigh.

I wonder who’s the owner of this.

Anyway, as I entered the shop, I didn’t expect a lot of customers! I didn’t wear my mask! Oh, well, forget it. As I was ordering, people kept giggling, and screaming my name, I only smiled at them, it would be rude of me to just ignore them, right?

After I receive my order, I quickly look for a vacant seat, but it’s already full... oh, there’s one over there.

After the person nodded if I could sit in there, I quickly placed the coffee and the cake I had bought. As I was taking a sip of my coffee, I noticed the book she was reading. That’s one of the works of my favorite author! 

I wanted to talk about that book with her but she doesn’t seem to like to be disturbed so I didn’t bother to speak again. 

When I noticed I was going to be late for our meeting, I hastily finished my food, and the unfinished coffee, I brought it with me together with the take-out coffee.

I quickly started the engine and drove to Sean’s house. While driving, I can’t help but ponder about that mysterious lady I met at the Cafe. I’m pretty sure that I have seen her before because of how familiar she is to me. Also, she didn’t even give me a glance when I left, doesn’t she know me?

Forget about her, I’m going to be late for our meeting!

I hit the gas and drove faster but all of a sudden, the Van that I thought we were just heading the same way, drove faster as well. Are they following me? Why? Ah, maybe it was just a coincidence.

*PHONE VIBRATES*

I drove slower when my phone in my pocket vibrated.

Hm? My eyes went wide when I saw the caller ID. Sean is calling!! So I  immediately answer it.

“Hello, Boss!”

“Where are you right now?”

“I’m on my way to the headquarters.”

“Tsk. We have something important to discuss too. Next time don’t be late.”

I gulp. “Y-yes, Boss.” I got chills just hearing his voice!

“I’ll hang up now---” Before he could finish I told him about the Van.

“Boss, I think someone is following me,” I whispered even though no one else was inside the car.

“What? Are you sure? Are they still following you right now?”

I glance at the front mirror if the Van is still on my tail but I can’t see it anywhere...

“Ah, sorry Boss, I was wrong. I think it was just a coincidence, maybe we are just heading the same way. Ha-ha.” I faked a laugh.

“Is that so...”

“Yes, Boss, don’t worry about me.”

“Mn. Okay then, be careful on your way.”

“Yes, Boss!”

I put down my phone and hit the gas again, however, a vehicle suddenly crashed into my car!

“Argh!!”