Chapter 3

John.

"I can't hold it! " I heard Clarice says "Devie come on! " Marcos run over to Devie pulling her inside the portal and we heard gunshot, we saw the teenagers father on the ground as the portal closes "no! Dad! " The girl and boy yelled.

Clarice and Devie collapse on the floor but Marcos caught Devie before she hit the ground as I do the same to Clarice.

"You okay? " I asks "yeah, never gone that far is all" Clarice answers.

"John! Something's wrong with Devie! " I heard Marcos yelled and I immediately go towards Devie, I saw her laying in front of Marcos as her eyes were open, glowing white like whenever she uses her power though this time it's much more brighter. She's convulsing lightning, sand, air spike, and snow surrounding her over all body. "Devie! " I reached down, pulled her into my arms and easily picked her up.

I could feel her powers through my body but I could take it. It was like she knows I was the one holding her, I laid her on the sofa she had been on earlier today and knelt down closer to her "Devie.. Can you hear me? " I asked watching her face for any response and a strong wind surround me and It felt like she's hugging me... I don't know how to explain it but that's what it feels like. The wind that surround me was gone.

I smiled slightly "what's wrong with her? " Marcos asked standing next to me, looking at Devie "I don't know, man... But I know she can see us" I said and he looked at me confuse "uhh.. Maybe your right, I mean her eyes are open.. Just glowing" He stated, I look at him "no. She's unconscious but at the same time not.. Uh, what I'm trying to say is that she is indeed unconscious but she can see us" I said and Marcos nodded "I think I kind of understand but at the same time not" He said "so what do we do? ".

"I have no Idea" I admitted, I felt useless. If this continues I know I might lose her again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know Sonia but Clarice in bad shape. We need to do something for her" I said to Dreamer, she was going on about the fact that Clarice had also passed out.

"I had been trying to reach a doctor in Gainesville... I can't get anybody at this hour" She told me "just keep trying and we need to try to find a place for the family".

Sonia chuckled and shook her head in disbelief "this family. Who are this people? You almost got killed, Johnny. We didn't discuss this" She said "no, we didn't " I agreed and turned to Marcos "it's about time we talk about this freelance job of yours. You just run off and pulled this without telling anyone? "

"We help mutants in danger John. Those kids are mutants and you sure as hell saw the danger" He said "come on, don't give me that. This was about Lorna"
"So what if it was? We can't just leave her out there! "
"You don't think I want her back too? We're not gonna help her by destroying the whole organization"
"Guys. You got to come.. Something's wrong" Lauren, the Strucker girl appeared on the stairs.

We followed her out to where Devie and Clarice we're laid. Devie was on the sofa while Clarice had been laid on a metal trolley beside her. "Their in respiratory distress, and their temperatures we're spiking... I'm a nurse" Caitlin the mother of the Strucker family told us "we need to help them"
"Clarice portaled for miles, the energy that must take... I don't know the reason to why Devie became like this" I said
"I can't, I can't breathe" Clarice said gasping for air.

Then a gust of wind blows out of no where giving Clarice air "where is the wind coming from? " Lauren said looking around the room to find a hole or a open window but there's nothing except the small window above the room though it was close.