dessum's exsperiance

"Mom I'm home!" Dessum yelled as she slowly walked through the door. "Welcome back sweetie," Her mom said as she walked into the archway.

"Thanks." Dessum said as she set her backpack on the chair.

"Learn anything?" Her mother asked.

"None, it's all about lies." Dessum whined

"I know but it is for your future and protection." her mom explained.

"Then why are you sending me?" Dessum snapped.

"The law." her mom mouthed.

Dessum was quiet for a while, as she stared at her mom. Her wilted body and torn, faded pink dress looked like something from a movie costume with a really angry tailor and makeup artist.

"Sorry." Dessum finally said under her breath she knew that this was not a good time to fight considering what happened earlier and that the army might find her any minute.

"That's ok my sweet Desire. “Her mother said as they hugged for a while till there was a knock at the door.

“Mrs. Heart, this is the army, open up!" A voice came from behind the door.

"Coming, let me get this casserole in the oven! Hide Desire go to the study." Mrs Heart said. Dessem went to a bookshelf and slid it aside revealing a different room filed with books and a desk one side then more books on the other side with a mattress and a blanket. And a wardrobe standing in the center of the far wall with bookshelves all around it. Some clothes were piled at the foot of the mattress. Dessum closed the sliding bookshelf to where only a crack would show that way she could see and hear what was going on.

"Welcome everyone come in!" Mrs. Heart cheerfully said as she opened the door. "Sorry for the wait, I had to put a casserole in the oven or it will never get done in time for our dinner."

"That is ok ma’am; we are just looking for your daughter. Is she home?" The army man said he had a leader symbol on his chest and an American flag on his sleeve. His eyes were glowing yellow like all solders and a high and mighty attitude.

"What for this time?" Her mom huffed clearly she didn't want them to talk about this. She was tired of Dessum's antics, her unSenidelizem, or not honoring Sinidel. She just wanted her to move on.

"Saying the wrong anthem, again. This will be her fifteenth time accused Mrs. Heart." The soldier said Mrs. Heart's smile immediately faded.

"My sweet Desire, a rebel, never. But, now that I think about it, she is at that age though, sir, that she may be just going through a faze. Yes that's it a phaze".

"Well you better get this phase under control. We don't want a casualty, now do we?" The army man sassed.

"Yes sir. I will tell her to come see you. Have a nice day then." Mrs. Heart said shooing the small group out of the house.

"Wait, the payments are about due.." The main solder chimed as he turned around in the doorway.

"Yes, yes, I should pay all of it. How much?" Mrs. Heart said as she went to the family cash box in the other room.

"It had gone up again mam. Plus the army visiting tax." The man called out.

After Mrs. Heart returned she exclaimed. "This is everything for this month plus half of the visiting tax. Just put that on the next bill."

"That's fine mam, and let your doughtier know that we are about to hunt her if she don't extinguish this habit." The army man exclaimed as Mrs. Heart put the money in the green duffel bag that had the word donations written on it.

"I will, ta, ta." She said as the men went out the door. Her mom made sure that the men(or women Dessum could never tell) walked out of sight before she shut the door. Soon as Desire heard the final click of the locks she stepped out of her hiding place, relieved that the army wasn't going for Ally, just her patriotic appearance of the old world before Senidel came into the picture.

"Desire! You can come out! I know you had seen all of it!" She called and Dessum slowly slid the bookshelf aside and stepped out into the room.

"Desire, why do you do this?" Her mother whispered in a stern voice.

"Well, I don't know. I guess I'm just practicing what dad taught me." Dessum stuttered, clearly fishing for words.

Mrs. Heart huffed. "You are never going to learn are you? Well looks like you, young lady are going to stay on lockdown till this blows over." She sighed; Dessum figured that this would happen. It was always the punishment for getting in trouble with the law, Good news is they didn't notice that she was also saying the wrong pledge. (She had gotten in trouble by doing that too, but they've only caught her twice.) She went into the small room and shut the bookshelf behind her. As she did this she heard her mom whispering "Good job" Dessum just smiled knowing that her mom was just trying to protect her while still being somewhat loyal to Sinidel.