Changing of the Guard

We spent a few hours looking through the debris both of us scanning the area with our lions. Nothing was showing up on the scanners. I couldn't possibly know how he's feeling... We all lost our leader but I know he was like a brother to Keith. 

"I really don't think he's out here," I told Keith

"There's nothing out here, Coran," He radioed the castle. 

"I'm sorry Keith..." Coran sighed. 

"We're coming home," I chimed in. Flying back to the castle with Keith.

The castle was on a planet where we had just freed a race known as Cubserions, after defeating Zarkon we'd been freeing planets left and right with the help of the Blade and the girls. Pidge has widened the search for Matt and she's getting a lot closer. 

When we got back to the castle, the first thing I did was search for a certain Princess. It took about an hour before I was able to corner her in one of the halls leading towards the guest rooms. 

"Nova," I hissed. 

"Oh, (Y/n), what a lovely surprise. You're back already?" She attempted to change the subject. 

"You're not getting out of it this time Nova you're going to tell me," 

"Tell you what exactly?" She tried to feign her innocence. 

"Tell me what happened during the fight," She looked all around for something. 

"Alright fine..." She murmured. "I would say congratulations you've accessed your powers but it's much different than that." She looked at me, I just nodded for her to continue. "You've bonded to the original paladin, whether it's being in her Lion or being around other Naorians. An old myth goes that the paladins left a part of themselves in their lions. Basically, in short, I guess while you were knocked out she used you as a vessel?" 

"You sound very unsure of yourself," I pointed out. 

"Maybe because it's never happened before... not like this." 

"What does that mean?" I asked the secrets were starting to get to me, everyone seemed to be hiding something. 

"It's too much to explain now, besides you got to meet with the others," She ran off yet again. I scoffed and went to the common room where everyone else was waiting. 

"... What they do with those centipedes is just out of this world," Hunk explained. I sat down next to Keith and gave him a 'do I want to know' look. 

"And they're ready to join us in the fight against the Galra." Lance smiles. 

"That's awesome," I said figuring they were talking about a new planet we freed. 

"We also brought back a few of their leaders to join the coalition," Hunk chimed. 

"I gotta say this is what it's all about..." Lance stated showing Pidge his phone, based on her expression I could only assume he'd taken pictures with girls... ever the playboy. "Freeing the people, lovin' the ladies, and doing it all again Voltron style," Voltron... which we still can't form anymore. 

"Which brings up the issue. They all wanna see Voltron except we don't exactly have Voltron anymore," You could see as everyone's expressions changed. 

"We also don't have Shiro, in case you forgot that part," Keith said. 

"It might be difficult for us to accept," ... please don't tell me Allura is about to say what I think she is... "But it is time to think about finding a new pilot for the Black Lion." She said it. 

"No!" Keith exclaimed standing up. "I'm gonna find him. He's the one person who never gave up on me. There's no way I'm giving up on him." Keith walked out. We all just looked down. 

We all felt the same, but the world also needs Voltron. I decided to give Keith his space until dinner. 

Each of the leaders complemented either Allura or the castle while Hunk served them and Kolavan told them about the coalition. I was sat between Keith and Pidge. When I was sure no one was looking I slipped my hand off the table and intertwined my fingers with Keith's he just squeezed my fingers as we continued to listen. 

Kolavan's speech seemed to scare the leaders more than anything before he explained the rebels that were forming. Then they asked the dreaded questions about Voltron. 

"We can't form Voltron, okay?" He shouted. Allura tried to fix it but... "But nothing. Shiro is gone. He was the Black Lion. Until we find him there is no Voltron." 

It wasn't until the leader of Puig spoke up again. I felt Keith take his hand away and slam his hands on the table. 

"Tell them to stand up and fight for themselves! Voltron is gone!" Keith stormed out. 

"Pizza rolls?" Hunk nervously laughed. 

After a very awkward dinner, I changed into my normal clothes and went to the only place Keith could be the hanger of the Black Lion. He was standing there staring at it soon enough everyone else joined. We stood there for a moment before we all looked at Lance. They might not want to admit it to themselves but they're close. We watched as Lance walk up and we all joined sharing our thoughts on Shiro. 

"You're all right. It's time to figure out how to reform Voltron," 

AN: So on Monday I will be taking my real estate test I'm both nervous and excited. I also figured I'd let you lovelies know I'm taking a cruise in November for a week I'll be in Mexico no where near my laptop or phone, I'll likely get a few queued posts up on my Tumblr if you guys wanna follow me over there its the same name and profile photo across all the accounts.