The training

While the gems went home started the moon to rise. They watched for a little bit and enjoyed the view. "Well I'm going to bed" said Peridot and yawned. "Yeah we should all go" said Garnet. Everyone nodded except Aang. He knew he was part of the family now, but just to sleep at there place the first night they met? That went a little bit to far. Aang choose to stay at a small cabin at the edge of the city. Aang walked inside. He knew it would be small, but this small. The only things that stood in the cabin were a bed, a closet and a desk. Aang sat on his bed and felt the soft mattress underneath him. He layed down and looked at the ceeling. There were some dirty places on the roof but it didn't bother Aang. He was happy that he survived the day. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

The next day....

Aang heard knocking on his door and woke up. "Who is it?" he asked and yawned. "Rise and shine, the training starts in 10 minutes" it were the gems. Aang jumped up from his bed and yelled: "jippieeee!". He quickly put on some clothes and went to the door. It were Lapis and Peridot. They smiled and clearly hold something behind there backs. They showed a blindfold and blindfolded Aang. "What?, Where are we going?". " It's a surprise". They took Aang to a hill and went to the edge. Aang felt his feet on the edge of a cliff and started sweating. They took the blindfold of and said: "Oke Aang we are gonna learn you how to waterbend!" said Lapis happy. Aang looked down at a big ocean beneath him. He took one step back and looked at Lapis. "Why are we doing that here?". "Well I think the best way to learn something is to find out that you really need it". "So I'm gonna learn you the basics of waterbending and then we throw you of the cliff". "What?!" Aang was flabbergasted and took even more steps back. "You guys can't do that". "Off course we can" said Peridot and smiled wide. "Do you wanna learn waterbending?" "Yes". "Then trust us and let me teach you". Aang sighed and nodded. "Good, now let's begin".

While Lapis and Aang practiced the basics, Peridot went back for a drink and gave it later to Aang. Aang tought that the basics were easy and he enjoyed bending the water. The water between his hands and the waves he could make felt like he was flowing with the water. He felt like an wave. He smiled and looked at Lapis. And the edge behind her. He swallowed and panicked again. He shook his head and quickly went back to bending the water between his hands. He needed to get this right. "Aang". "hmmm yeah?" "Concentrate". "oh yeah right sorry". They practiced the hole day until it begin to get dark.
Lapis looked at Aang and said: "it's time".