Chapter Three: Seven Minutes In Heaven

Taylor's Point of View:

        For the duration of the flight, I did not sleep. Too many thoughts were rushing through my mind and I couldn't focus on any of them, not one. Partially because it was all overwhelming and partially because some snot nosed kid kept kicking my seat and coughing. Man, people need to control their kids.

        So there I sat for eight hours, trying to listen to music. I wondered what "surprise" Pete and my mother had put together for Steffany. Once again, I came up with no ideas as to what it could be. I think just meeting Pete Wentz was surprise enough for her. Unless she met Gerard Way, that is. She would have a conniption fit and probably faint. A hard core punk girl like her fainting, that would be a sight to see.  I doubted that would happen, though.

        Just as I started to drift off, I heard the garbled noise of the flight attendant over the intercom, telling us we were about to land. Great. Just fucking perfect. No sleep 'til California, I thought to myself, giggling at my stupid Beastie Boys reference. Or was it Brooklyn? Of course its Brooklyn, but it was fucking funny.  Fuck, I was too tired for this.

        I poked Steffany until she woke up and started bouncing in my seat. She looked around, one eye closed, and very dazed.

"Wha?" she grumbled. 

"We're here." I stated, smiling. She grinned back at me, still groggy. 

"Welcome home..." she said, trying to stretch without elbowing the guy next to her, she failed and got a scared glare from the large man she accidentally hit.

Welcome home, indeed. 

*

        After going through the baggage claim area and retrieving our items, we sat ourselves in the pick up area.  There we waited in hard plastic chairs that hurt your ass after fifteen minutes,  like high heels for your butt.

"Who is picking us up if your dad isn't?" Steffany asked, looking around, anticipating whoever would arrive for us.

"I have no idea. Maybe Meagan?" I guessed. The airport was kind of empty, considering it was a Tuesday. We waited for about five minutes until I received a text message from an unknown number. 

Unknown: Hey, it's Dad. Christie gave me your number. You guys are waiting at the airport, right?

Taylor: Oh, hey dad! Yeah, we are waiting. 

Dad: Okay, great. You and Steff should keep your eyes on the door. ;)

Taylor: ....okay.... 

"So, Dad said to keep our eyes on the do-" 

"OH MY GEE, TAYLOR. LOOK!" Steffany shouted, hitting my arm. She was hyperventilating and her face was paler than before, I didn't think that were possible. I looked up and saw a familiar head of tomato colored hair and a small girl with brown curly hair.

Gerard Way was picking us up from the airport. 

Gerard fucking Way.

"Steff, calm down. Try to act casual..." I whispered, knowing it  was no use. She was completely shell shocked and was probably going to pass out any second, she began fanning herself.  

        Gerard looked around and he spotted us, suddenly smiled. He leaned down and whispered something in Bandit's ear, pointing at us. The tiny Way looked at us and giggled, toddling over to where we stood like statues now.  

"Fuck... oh, fuck... She is adorable..." Steffany muttered under her breath, having a miniature melt down. We stood up, grabbing the handles of our luggage and wheeling it over to him.