Oh, mother

I'm James Bolt and tonight, in Breaking News, we have for you full coverage of the inheritance battle that is taking place at the halls of the Justice Court in Lost Angelos.

After Frankie Fresh, the main heir to Robbie Joneze's inheritance committed suicide; a battle began between Sally Joneze, Robbie's mother, and Polly Moon, the agent of the late singer. This fight began with a loud quarrel at the pop star's funeral. This is due to their claim to receive all the property of the late singer. 

According to eyewitnesses, today in court Sally Joneze tried to physically attack Polly Moon. Two policemen had to intervene and to separate them. As a result, the judge was forced to postpone the hearing for another week.

--------

It wasn't easy to find her; it had been a while since the last time I saw my mom. She wasn't in the apartment I had bought for her. But there we found a letter with an unknown address. So we moved there. We found her, In a small and neglected place, which know I can imagine it served as a hiding place.

My mom didn't look like I remembered her, her black hair was all white, and her brown eyes were red with tears. It looked like she'd been crying for hours. I knew it was because of me and that made me frustrated. It's been the second time I've felt this way, and I really hated it. It's not fun being dead. 

I wanted to tell her that even though I wasn't alive, everything was all right with me. If she knew that now I'm a friendly ghost... or I could tell her that I had found a friend, her old boyfriend. I could imagine her excitement if only she could meet Dog again. Even though he was completely different from the stories she told me about him. Yes, she met him once, a long time ago. Of course, it was before I was born. 

Dog stopped me from doing anything, he put his hand on my shoulder and looked at my mom in a funny way. I didn't know how to interpret his gaze, so I didn't give it another thought. Dog stood in front of her, he looked so sad like a lost puppy. 

I shifted my attention away from mom, I tried to concentrate on the small apartment that surrounded her. My childhood pictures were scattered on the floor, to look at them was like to time travel into my past. I have often seen my childhood as somebody's ells life. I only remember we were poor and unhappy then... not like in those smiley pictures. 

A knock at the door woke me from my memories. Mom got up from the sofa reluctantly, she opened the door while she grumbled a curse to herself.   "You..." I heard her say. I moved past Dog, wanted to see who was there. "How dare you!" I had never heard such anger in my mom's voice. "What do you want from me now?"

I wanted to help, to go through my mom, to reach the door, but I felt a strong pull. Dog pulled me inside the nearest wall. "Shhh, babe, so they won't notice us" Dog whispered. From there we watched everything.

"Don't be like that, you know very well what I want." the woman shoved my mother into the living room. The thug's face was hidden under a cap, but I immediately recognized her. Good old Polly Moon, I thought. As usual, she looked so beautiful. Even in those gray plain clothes.

But there was something wrong with this scene. I didn't understand why Polly, who had discovered me and made me the celebrity that I was, treated my mom so rudely. She was always so nice to me. If  I think about it, they never got along, each of them wanted something different from me. 

"Polly! I want you to go away!! I did everything you asked me to do. And... You took everyone from me. At least you can... At least you can leave me something from her. We both know you don't need Robbie's money."

Polly raised her hand, and with her finger, she singled my mom to be silence. "You did a great job, Sally. I wanted to thank you and to let you know I won't need your service anymore." 

My mother's face turned into pale white; her eyes grew wide with fear. In Polly, too, something had changed, her dark black pupils were gone, only whiteness remained in her eyes. 

I'll never forget mom's scream. Dog held me tight and didn't let me go. even today I think I could save her. I could feel him trembling from fear. My mouth opened to a shout, but no sound expressed the shock I felt. 

It happened in seconds that lasted for a long time. In one moment, my mom left the floor and floated in the living room, and then she flew out the closed window. The fragment of glass formed a white aura around her that accompanied my mom crash into the busy street. 

"In a world of magic and ghosts, everything is possible" Dog whispered in a hollow voice. 

 I couldn't believe what happened, I could only think of "why and how?!" I needed answers, and after Polly left the apartment, all I had to do was hunt her for them.