Dog's story

To Chen Zilber,

If you received this package, chances are I'm no longer alive. I sent to you all the evidence I could find against Polly Moon. I saw her kill Robbie, and I know she is now after me. She would do anything to destroy this video.  Sorry, that I put your life in danger, but the truth must come out.

Frankie Fresh

---------------

I wanted to leave; It felt like the walls were closing in on me. I pleaded with him, but Dog wouldn't budge. He muttered his story to himself. The only thing that was left for me was to listen and to try to understand... 

"Babe, you see I was a lost boy when I first met Polly. It was a long time ago and far away from here. The beginning of my story was in the great city of Old York. A place where many dreams come to die. There I began to dream, and I had big dreams, the biggest.

I was a young punk then, along with my best friends, we started The Gates. The band was formed by chance, a chance meeting in high school. An idea that came from two strangers with a common passion for music. Influenced by the greatest musical revolutionaries of the time, we wanted to take part in that phenomenon. Babe, the best things happen like this without any planning. 

I always said we would make it big, but no one would listen to me except Polly... or my friends... the first time I met her it was in some sort of basement that was turned into a pub. I've forgotten the name of that place. What attracted her to me wasn't my charisma or good looks. She saw our performance and thought I had something she could use. My ego blinded me I foolishly thought I had seduced her. With what I know now Babe... it's so funny if you think about it...  Like a bad old joke.

Spending that first night with her... she peeled off my skin and made love to my soul. it was like doing sex with the gods. As I laid next to her, Polly whispered to me dreams full of fame and fulfillment. I was fascinated by her, maybe even fell in love with that raven hair woman. 

What was important to me was the music, I just wanted to keep creating and spreading my lyrics around the word. She introduced herself as a PR woman, and I was impressed by her collection of clients. All incidentally, died at the age of twenty-seven. But as a captive under her spell, I didn't see that at all. Polly promised she could make my dreams come true. How could I refuse? I wanted to be a rock star.

So, I sold my soul to the devil and she became my muse. She sprinkled her fairy dust on me and things started happening very fast after that. I left the gray world and moved to a colorful place.  In the short period it lasts, it was better than any wet dream. I had all the drugs in the world and sex ... babe, you know what I mean. 

Things changed when I met Sally, your mom. She woke me up...and I didn't even know I was asleep. She was one of those fans that chased us from show to show. One night at Gardnerose, I chose her from among the many girls to spend a night out at the town. Can't tell you why we started talking. She was different, smarter, I found in her a soulmate. 

I always felt like a nomad; Sally changed that. She made me want to give up the rock and roll lifestyle. I was so young then, babe, dizzy with success. At the age of twenty-seven, I thought we could have a future together. But, death was on the horizon.

I left the world tour, arrived in Lost Angelos, with one goal in mind to break my contract with Polly. We met in her office, I planned for a tense meeting, I was surprised to find out that Polly also thought it was time to terminate our contract. I remember feeling relieved after that last meeting. I thought I was free, that this was the last time I would see Polly. 

Sally came especially for me, to Lost Angelos city. We planned a marvelous weekend that had turned into two weeks, a sweet ending to this life. My memories from that time are pieces of a puzzle. Pieces I cannot connect. I remember them as images, they always come in this order: a couple at a coffee shop, words of love, hotel room, a notebook with lost poetry, A lot of alcohol and then every image drowns in a sea of ​​darkness. Then everything drains into my corpse, that is lying there in the hotel bathtub."

I never heard that story. My mom used to tell me that she cherished Dog, that they were friends. At first, she was very supportive of my career, always comparing me to him. But then Polly arrived, and my relationship with my mom cooled down... Just give me a few minutes and we'll continue with my story. 

I signaled him that it was time to break away from his flashback. And we-