4. Knights & woodsticks?

A/N: if you are excited for this chapter, consider a vote. :)
Enjoy reading!
✂---------------------------------------------------------------

The Prince sat on his White stallion, he paced around the vast field, The Ball was in a few days and so far only one winner was found and it wasn't Winter.

Aiden looked to the heavens, and sighed in exasperation, then he spotted a girl in a wine coloured cloak, at the far end of the field, stretching to a forest,

Could it be Winter?
No, this girl was much smaller than Winter and why would she be entering the forest?
The girl looked around to check for anyone around before entering the thick forest.

Curious, the Prince kicked his horse and raced to the entrance of the forest, he unmounted from it and followed the girl, carefully trying to hide from her.

Aiden stepped on a dry brunch making a crunching sound. The girl turned around but he managed to hide himself behind a tree.

The girl stopped at clearing where there were no more trees but an overlook of the kingdom.

"You're late." A male voice scolded,

"Sorry sir," A soft voice apologized.

The Prince frowned.
"Did anyone follow you?" The male voice asked.

The girl took of her cloak and revealed Anne.
What's she doing here? The Prince thought.
He contemplated whether to go after her or stay and watch.
"No"
The man looked forward, he looked like he was in his early fifties. His beard and hair was black with grey strands running through it. Though he was sitting down, on a broken branch, you could easily tell he was a buff and tall man. The man stood up and

Anne and the man drew their swords.
"When you fighting with your opponent, don't underestimate him." The man said.

He circled Anne, "when your opponent is circling you like this, you must think fast."

The man was behind Anne and was ready to slash his sword on her back but she used her sword and blocked the hit.

They begun fighting, their swords clinging. They fought with emerse power and strength. Till the man whacked her down her feet.
"When you are fighting you have your legs for a purpose."

"Use it!" He yelled at her, he held her up.

Shocked, Prince Aiden came out of the shadows, "what were you doing?"

"Brother!" Anne's eyes were alarmed with fear and surprise. "I-"

He held up his hand, "don't."
He Looked at the man in front of him, "who are you?"

"I'm George, your high-"
"What were you doing with my sister?" He inquired. "Training her, to be a Knight, knowing she's a Lady?"

"Prince Aiden, she's-"

"Aiden!" His sister called, "I want to be a Knight! Okay, I want to fight!"

"A Knight?" He chuckled in dismay, "You're a girl! A princess! You're supposed sit down in a throne and look pretty!"

"I see you fight all the time!" His quiet sister argued, her veins appearing on the side of her neck. "I want to fight like you!"

Aiden took a sword lying on the cold ground and planted it in the soil,
"Father, Shall hear of this."
The young Prince said, before retreating back into the forest.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
"The winners came in, two women." The king announced wiping the corners of his lips with his napkin. "I'm quite disappointed no man got the answer on time."

Aiden became alert, "really? who?"

"Well the first winner was a girl-Rose Khinston. Her father is a very respected man, according to the locals."

Uninterested, Aiden asked, "and?"

"Winter Minelayer."
"Oh, that's great" Aiden said, He was relieved Winter had gotten the answer. She was a smart lady after all.

"Why is her name 'Winter?' Princess Lilly
asks. "Don't you think the name Winter is absurd?" She questions her sister, Anne.

"Mm-hmm" Anne murmured, looking down at her plate. The sunken look on the young princesses made Aiden contemplate whether or not to tell on her.
"What was Anne doing near the forest?" The queen asks. "I saw her going around there."

"She..." The Prince was about to tell on Anne she couldn't bear, the hurt look on her younger sister. He sighed, "she was looking for wood sticks."

Wide eyed, the princess looked at her brother.
"Why would she look for wood sticks?" Princes Lilly Asks, her tone snobbish.

"Don't go near the forest again. It's too dangerous." Her mother warned, " And Lilly, you need to be more polite with your sister."

"Yes mother." The girls said in unison.

✂--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! :)
Hope you enjoyed the story. Don't worry, I'll be using Winter's POV in the next chapter. And yes, the next chapter is about the ball! Things are going to happen so y'all so you better prepare!!!!

If you think this chapter deserves a vote, don't hesitate!

📌Amy
And yes, the photo above is what the Queen will be wearing in the ball. Just imagine her with that dress, a huge ruby necklace and crown