5. Stories & Cliffs

A/N: Image Winter in this grown. If you are excited for this chapter, consider a vote!
Thank you!
✂--------------------------------------------------------------

At the house.
Mrs Minelayer finished the adjustments on Winter's dress.
       "A good friend gave me this dress." She said, with a sad smile as she brushed her  daughter's soft blonde hair,
"He wanted to marry me. He was a very rich man too,"

       "What happened?" Winter asked.
"I refused, and married your father. He died from the chicken flu."

Winter choked on a laugh, In the 21st century it was really weird for someone to die from a chicken flu maybe Ebola would be better but the chicken flu? Hah!

In her real century her father was still alive but left the family when she was five. Winter wanted nothing to do with her father. But in this century, she almost felt guilty for not loving her father.

finally done with her hair, she asked her mother. "Why didn't you marry the rich guy?"
Her mother looked up to her, the corners of her eye crinkling.

"I'm not sure you'll understand sweetheart." She says.

"Oh C'mon! I'm not fifteen!"

       Her mother smiled, "well, I liked a servant boy who was your father, and unfortunately the servant boy worked for the man who wanted to marry me, and although he was nice and sweet to him and me, I never really fit in his place. I felt he deserved someone...", she paused.

"More. And so, he wanted me to attend a ball, so he got the best tailors to sew this dress—the one you're wearing. I accepted and there he proposed in secret. I said no. He was shattered and told me to leave his house, I did. But he now has a wife and three children.

Eventually I married your father and had you, but when you turned nine, he died from the chicken flu."

Winter's mouth quivered. If she really belonged in this century, she would have remembered her father's death.

      But she knew she didn't belong here. She was the only one with an American accent. And she doubt they had even discovered America yet.

"It's time to go." Her mother announced.

  Winter stood tall on her not so high heels
     Her blonde baby hair was curled on the sides and pinned it with a hat that suited the gown.

She twirled in her dress loving how it flowed with her body.
           "Ah, the carriage is here." Her mother announces wiping her nose with the back of her hand.

After the ball, Winter was going to find out what happened and she arrived at this Century.

"Thank you." Winter smiles warmly at her mother, before going outside to the carriage; a Golden coloured one, with the interior baby pink.

She looked back at her mother,
"Go on." She assured. And with a smile Winter  stepped on the coach and took a seat.
   And they took off to the palace.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
In all of Winter's life she'd saw old castles that where bigger than three football fields combined. She even got see mansion's too, but seeing the Prince's palace marveled her.
     She got down from the carriage, as many guest arrived and of course with elegant gowns. She walked with much humbleness she could master till she to the entrance of the huge gates,

"Your invitation, my lady." The palace guard asked.
            Winter handed the little invitation letter her mother had given to her when she came  back from the market.
          They palace guard nodded grimly. And opened the gates, she couldn't believe her eyes. She unwillingly, opened her mouth an watched in awe.
      She smacked her head, what are you doing? She scolded herself, go in!

   There were about four hundred guest in the finest attire.
     The ball room had a golden coloured floor.
Beautiful and elegant tapestries etched the walls. There were four chandeliers that lined at the ceiling. It reminded her of the Cinderella movie she watched back at home. Her real home.

    She expected the Prince to be in front of her but that was crazy. Suddenly, the orchestra play, and the young men started asking the ladies for a dance who eagerly agreed.

Winter rolled her eyes, "girls"

       "May I have this dance my lady." A voice said behind her.
       Her heart stopped.
✂---------------------------------------------------------------

      Hehe. Cliffhangers are the best! What can I say? Are you guys excited for the next chapter? What do you think about Winter's mother's love life?

Anyway, I'll post the next chapter very soon! Don't you worry!
   So stay tuned!

~ If you think this chapter deserves a vote, don't hesitate!