One Man, One Goal

1986

Freddie sits in his mansion. He flicks through several magazines of singers. He writes down his favourites. He likes a singer called Paul Rodgers best. His others will be too busy or too upset to do the job he wants.

Freddie gets a call.

-P "Hello Freddie." The voice says

-F "I told you. I want you out of my life. Fruit fly."

-P "I'm sorry. I have it too."

-F "Good. You know what it is like you w*nker. Wait. How did you find out?"

-P "I saw you in the clinic. I hid from you as I was ashamed and frightened. I can tell what the results were."

-F "Stop. You are a manipulative, evil, villainous man. Rot in Hell."

Freddie slams the phone down and he leaves his home. He breathes deeply as he looks at a note pad with words to songs he wants to make.

'One man, one go.' It says.
Freddie wrote them as a symbol to himself. He has one plan only. To live through music.

Fred enters his car.

"To the studio please." He says to his chauffeur.

When they arrive he walks in. He picks up his headphones and he records hims voice alone.

After he finishes, he calls the band over. They all record an album in a few weeks.

The phone rings again.

-M "Morning Freddie."

-F "Miami. What is it darling?"

-M "I have a live show request for Queen. In Wembley. The owner loves you."

-F "Bit late for that now. When is it?"

-M "In June. They want the new album. What have you named it?"

-F "It's a Kind of Magic."

Miami smiles.

-M "Sounds good. Get ready!"

Freddie tells the band and then they finish up.

They release the album a couple months later in June 1986.