Time of Truth

Luna's P.O.V.

I watched as the doors slowly opened as I heard one of the other council memebers annouce, "Announcing the arrival of Princess Luna." I took a breath as I walked in with with Michael and everyone gasped as there were few whispers of either how beautiful I looked or how upset they were that they had to be there with me. I sighed as Michael whispered, "Don't listen to them." I nodded as I saw William and his wife in the corner as he nodded to me. I smiled and soon got up to where my parents were. I stood beside by father the pedant still hanging from my neck. He hummed to Michael and nodded. Michael smiled and looked out to the crowd, "Hello everyone and thank you for coming. This ball was set for two reasons. First, Sunny..." She smiled and stepped forward, "Now you did pass, but you must keep practicing your powers to be able to become queen." She blinked and nodded softly looking down as she moved back beside our mother. He smiled and looked back at the crowd, "And the second is to celebrate the eighteenth birthday of our youngest princess Luna." He smiled and looked to me as I stepped and over to him. He smiled, "Now I have a letter from the former king that has left her three gifts. The first was the moon pendant that she is wearing right now and the other two I will read off now from his letter." He looked at me and I nodded softly and he took out the letter, "Family, Friends, and guest. If you all are hearing this letter I have passed to be with my dearest Leah. But do not fear, you have been left in great hands and will continue to be in great hands. Before my passing I heard the news of Sunny becoming the next queen and I know that she will guide you all into brighter days. But as you all know there is a villiage on the over side of the river that run in the night and is where the people of the shadows live. I was once the king of those fine people before I met Leah. I now in my dying wish pass that kingdom to Luna. Who will move the night of her eightteenth birthday to be their queen." Everyone gasped after that sentance. My mother and father were shocked and Sunny was clearly upset. Michael continued, "From her thirteenth brithday I had Michael send my old bulter William to watch over her and keep her safe." Michael looked up and nodded to William, who walked between the crowd and up to us to stand behind me. Michael smiled and continued, "Her thrid and final gift is something every queen needs. Foreged from the old metal and gems of my crown I now wish for William to crown his peoples new queen and ruler." As William snapped his fingers and a sliver crown with sapphire gems appeared in his hands. Michael continued, "Luna, you were powerful in the beginning, too powerful for your own body. But now you are ready. I know you will do great things in your futurn. Love Grandpa Neil." I teared up a little as William placed the crown on my head and Michael looked to the crowd, "Luna's corrination will take place on the first day of spring next year. That day is a full moon..." He looked to my parents, "...and will not be changed for nothing." He smiled back to the crowd, "If you'll excuse me, I mjust exquart the new queen to her new home." He smiled and let his hand out for me as I took it without hesitation. I walked down with him ignoring the whispers from my parents and Sunny. For once I was happy, and nothing was changing that. 

Just as we got outside and William was louding up the last bag that I had packed my parents ran out with Sunny following behind them. My mother yelled at me, "Luna Gem don't you step a foot on that cart!" I looked back at her as William walked in front of me a little, "Why not mother? You're getting what you wanted. All the time in the world to spend with your 'Sunshine'." She blinked and gasped, "Luna I..." Michael cut her off, "Luna everything is ready." I nodded and turned to the door, "Goodbye mother, father, and of course my dearest sister. Happy days." I soon got in and William followed behind me and shut the door before they could yell anything else. Michael snapped the reins to the horses and like that I was off to my new home.