Avarage day

Jonah POV

*Beep-beep-beep*

I heard beeping noises coming out of Lester's mouth while he was yelling at me. I sit there crying, like I was afraid of him. Then he grabs his knife from his pocket and-

"Noooo!!!!" I screamed, waking up from that terrible Dream.

As I looked to my right, I noticed that it was just my alarm on the bedside table. Telling me to get up out of bed and get ready for school.

I walk out of my bedroom into the bathroom and change out of my pajamas, and I turn on the cold water to take a shower. I only take cold showers in the morning, in order to wake myself up.

After I shower I put on my clothes, brush my teeth and wash my face. I go back to my room and grab my phone and backpack, then walk to the kitchen to make breakfast.

As I walk to the kitchen and grab my breakfast, that my mom leaves out for me everytime she leaves early, I notice a note on the kitchen counter.

I headed out to work early and I'll be back tomorrow because I'm working overtime again tonight. I love you Jonah
- mom

My mom is a doctor at Mercy hospital. She probably does a lot of surgeries, which would be the reason why she does overtime. I love that my mom is hardworking, but sometimes I wish she'd be home for dinner so I don't feel alone at night. So that I feel comfortable.

As I finish up my breakfast I hear my phone ring. I take out my phone and notice the caller ID that says it's Cyrus.

"Hey cy guy" I greeted.

"Hey JB" he replied.

"Where are you? class is starting in 10 minutes" he asked.

"Oh my God! I didn't even notice the time. I'll be there in a few" I told him.

"Okay. Hurry, we have our geometry test today remember?" He reminded me.

"Okay, I'll see you there" I told him.

"Okay" he said.

I take my phone away from my ear, and hang up. Shit, how could I be so dumb? Stupid ass.

*

I rush inside the school doors and instantly notice kids walking into their classes. I ran all the way down the west hallway, and into my first period class. Geometry. That's the only class I look forward to having because I get to hang with my best friend, Cyrus Goodman.

"Hey JB, finally you made it" he grinned. Allowing me to see those white minerals he has in his mouth.

"Yeah, I took an Uber" I told him.

"I got here early because I was at Buffy's last night. We had a sleep over" he told me.

"You know that's so weird that her mom let's you sleep over" I commented.

"How so?" He questioned.

"I mean, dude, your a boy" I reminded him.

"Well yeah, but her mom trusts me and besides I have a gf already" he said.

"Oh really, Why you never told me until now?" I asked him. Wondering why he REALLY hasn't told me until now.