Chapter 1: New Ward

The whole car ride Emma debated crying, after what had happened..again. She trusted someone and they broke that trust and lied to her, proving her point. She'll never find a family to love her for who she was, Lily was just another name on the list of empty promises in which over the years since she was two she had lost count of how many it now makes. She kept her eyes out the window avoiding the social worker who had taken her file for the time being to place her in a new foster home until she was eventually shipped back to maine.

The whole ride to the unknown house, Emma already decided that she would run away again as soon as everyone in the house goes to sleep. The social worker had pulled up to the house in the van, she parked in the driveway of the house parking.

The social worker glanced behind her at Emma as if to check if she hadn't jumped out of the car while moving giving her a snouty look along with a frown upon her woman retrieved the folder of papers that consisted of Emma's file, before exiting the car and opening the back seat car door to let Emma out.

The social worker said nothing as she made sure she walked behind Emma incase she were to run off, they walked up the pathway to the front door of the foster home. Emma could tell already there were many kids in the home which meant she wasn't going to eat much, yup she was going to run.

The foster mother smiled at her as soon as she saw her face while opening the door, she introduced herself as Ingrid. To Emma she seemed genuinely nice and warmly welcoming, however Emma knew deep down that whatever seemed too good to be true always is.

The social worker soon left after Ingrid escorted Emma inside the house, she could see multiple children running around shouting or sitting around. Ingrid had then talked about the house and the schedule to which Emma tuned out while looking around, she lead Emma upstair where the kid's rooms were. She told Emma her bunk was down the hall to the right while she had broken up a fight between two young boys rough housing.

Emma walked down the hall and felt someone slip the video camera she had kept from when she was with Lily, it was a boy who turned it on and ran into the bedroom Emma was headed for.

"Give it to me" she protested while trying multiple times to make reaches to grab the camera from the boy from then on she knew would be a problem for her. The boy shoved her away multiple times grinning into the camera and laughing at Emma's expense.

"Give it back, Kevin" the lady Ingrid sternly told the boy from the hallway before she came into the room finding where Emma had gone, she glanced at her as if to make sure she was okay.

"The camera is Emma's, not yours" she stood closely next to Emma telling the boy before she moved over to the boy. "We respect property in this household don't we Kevin" she held out her hand in which the boy 'Kevin' then placed in her hand the camera.

He replied with a sigh "Yes ma'am" Ingrid then motioned for him to leave the room, in which he obeyed.

Ingrid then turned towards Emma once more before holding out the camera to her. "Here you go Emma" she spoke softly with a calm smile on her face.

Emma then took the camera wanting it back with a frown, upset the boy had taken it.

Ingrid seeing this comforted her. "It's okay sweetie, I know you're new here but your gonna be just fine" she smiled comfortingly while she nodded her head knowing what she said to be true. She patted Emma's shoulder while walking out of the doorway.

"Okay lights out in fifteen, don't forget to brush your teeth" she announced in the hallway to all the children which echoed. Emma made moves to leave through the doorway but before she could the boy 'Kevin' blocked it hanging on the door frame.