two.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

❝ 𝚊𝚠𝚔𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 ❞

。͙̊。̣ ⋆ ∙⋅͙̊。̣݊ ͙。͙̊∙ ⋆ ⋅͙̊。̣݊ ͙。͙̊⋆༷⋅⋅͙̊。

"I would really just prefer not doing that, please don't make me."

"y/n," your mother chided softly, handing you the platter of freshly baked snickerdoodles, "it's only proper to greet new neighbors and welcome them to the area. sets a good impression. besides, it'll do you good to get some human interaction."

"I get human interaction!" you countered with a pout.

"taehyung and yoongi don't count."

"they're human!"

"hardly." you scoffed, eyes rolling at her reply.

"what's your point, mother?"

"my point, daughter, is that if I don't see your antisocial little ass marching up those steps before these cookies cool down, you're not allowed to hang out with 'the duo' for a week,"

"mom! it's summer! don't you think a whole week is slightly overdoing it?" you whined, deeply tempted to stomp your feet but refraining knowing it would only put you in the dog house with your all too stubborn mother.

"not at all. they probably need a break from you anyway."

"hey!"

"I'm just saying," she chuckled, attempting to adjust your top to no doubt make you look more 'presentable', "some distance might do all of you some good."

yeah right.

time for a new tactic.

"they're probably barely even unpacked yet, they just moved in like a few days ago right? I doubt they want any visitors for at least a week. I sure wouldn't."

"nonsense!" she blurted, waving off your argument, "you'll just be giving them my delicious welcome to the neighborhood snickerdoodles! who wouldn't want to open their front door to that?"

she's relentless.

"and what if they don't even like snickerdoodles, hm? ever considered that?"

she paused, stare hardening.

"everyone likes my snickerdoodles."