V

Thursday, 18th of April

Hitoshi's POV

Delicately, my fingers travel over the dusty spines of neatly and alphabetically placed books. 'Tokuda, Tokuda, Tokuda' I mouth, trying to find a specific book. I had already read A Beginner's Guide to Heroes and Learn to Control Your Quirk, now I was looking for the third book Tokuda has published. I found the tips he had in his books quite helpful, and I really needed all the help I could get so when I would eventually get transferred to the Hero course, I would not disappoint anyone nor make the teachers regret their decision. I've been working really hard for these past few months and trying to impress the staff with my excellent grades. I've been training with Aizawa in combat, and now I'm armed with special capture tape and a device that mimics voices to trick others into answering me. This time I might actually have a chance. Although my quirk isn't as flashy as all the quirks that the students in class 1-A possess, I still find myself wishing I could get in that class.

Being able to finally stand on the same line with the other students is my dream. It has been for years. All I've ever wanted is for people to see my potential. Now it feels like the time has finally come. It's my time to shine, and show other people what I'm capable of. I'm tired of being seen as the guy with the "villainous quirk".

As I finally find the book that I was looking for, I go to grab it but yelp in surprise as I see a pair of eyes staring at me from the other side of the bookshelf. I quickly notice the familiarity of the yellow eyes, of course it's Kaminari. He starts giggling uncontrollably, and I hush at him since we are in a library.

"You should have seen your face," Kaminari says as he walks around the bookshelf to me, still giggling at his "funny" prank. I huff, crossing my arms.

"C'mon, that was funny, you gotta admit it," he teases, smiling at me. He drops his backpack on the floor, and sits on the green couch, leaning back on it.

"Hilarious," I say sarcastically, and take the book, sitting down next to him.

"What're you doing here?" I ask, taking my notebook from my bag.

"I came to see you. I knew you'd be in here, you always are," he says casually.

"So you've been stalking me?" I ask, flipping through the pages in my notebook. I love to take notes and I've gathered a lot of helpful tips and information about Heroes and my quirk on my notebook.

"Not stalking! Just observing from a safe distance!" Kaminari says, waving his hands around frantically, his cheeks turning red.

"Is there a difference?" I tease, cocking my eyebrow at him, and he giggles. "Well, why didn't you just came to talk to me?" I asked, crossing my right leg over my left one, supporting the book on my lap.

"You always seem busy, with all your notes and books," Kaminari mutters, motioning at the book in my lap. "I didn't wanna bother you," he says sheepishly.

"You're never a bother, Kaminari," I say sincerely, a faint smile on my lips. The eccentric boy in front of me blushes and tries to hide it by leaning his cheek on his palm. During the couple of weeks that I've known Kaminari we've gotten a lot closer, and now I would consider him as my friend, which is still a very strange concept to me. I've never actually had a genuine friendship with anyone, I only have classmates and acquaintances, but not friends. Kaminari changed it all.

"What're you reading this time?" Kaminari asks, grabbing the book from my lap and examines it. "Hero Work," he reads the title.

"Yeah, the third book Tokuda has written. I find his books helpful," I say, and he hands the book back to me.