Red is a Pretty Color

A loud but calm voice fills my head. "I will not hurt you more than I have to. Just stand down and everything will be ok."

The man slowly lets me go and I pick myself up from the ground. I draw myself up, snarling.

I do not bow down to anyone. Just the thought fills me with rage and my vison gets a red haze. I can hear hundreds of heartbeats surrounding me. I begin to panic and lash out at the man in front of me.

He backs up slowly and sighs. "I didn't want to do this Isabella, but you leave me no choice."

The man then shifts into a gigantic black wolf larger than my own. His eyes flash blue and the previous voice enters my head once again.

"Isabella remember your friends and how hard you have been trying." The voice pleads. "I don't want to harm you. Submit and change back." The voice says while the wolf in front of me roars.

I cower, sensing that he is an Alpha. Soon I rise and prepare to attack. I do not stand down; I say to myself once again. Then memories flash before my eyes. Random scenes flash by and I catch glimpses of yellow and laughter. Brown eyes and the feeling of being cherished causes my anger to subside.

My vison clears and the memories come back to me. I howl in pain as I remember who I am. Mark stands before me in his wolf form, waiting for me to make my move. I quickly glance around for a way out and see a gap in the crowd. I pull my ears back and run towards the woods.

"I'm sorry Alpha." I mind link him.

I run for what feels like hours. The pack stopped chasing me when I went past their boarder, but I still feel as if someone is following me. I pick up my speed and begin to run in a different direction. It is dark when I finally stop to rest. I check for heartbeats nearby and can only hear mine, so I slow down and search for a place to sleep.

It seems I traveled further than I thought. All the pine trees have been replaced with Oak and I can't find any familiar terrain. I sniff the air and faintly smell the edge of the packs scent, it's not close enough for me to worry for tonight though. I sniff the air again and follow the tracks of a herd of deer. The trail is old, but maybe if I'm lucky there will be something to hunt. It leads me to an empty clearing, and I growl in frustration.

Nothing to eat is around for miles and I am tired, so I just decide to find a place to sleep. I head further into the clearing and see a small pond. The ground is soft enough to lay on and I decide this is where I'll stay for tonight.

"At least there's water." I say to my wolf, trying to lighten the mood.

I make my towards the water and gaze at my murky reflection. Blood coats my fur from my first shift and from the fight, but I ignore it and stick my muzzle into the cool liquid to drink. It satiates my thirst. However, it doesn't do anything to help my hunger, so I huff in annoyance and lay down. Exhaustion soon overtakes me, and I begin to doze off.

..

"It's been years since I've seen you Isabella. Tell me have you changed?" I think to myself.

I hear the balcony door snap shut behind me, "Tell me of her." I command my servant without turning around.

I hold back my pleasure of hearing his voice waver in fear as he responds. "She was beautiful my lord." The frail boy replies. "All that you said she would be."

I rise from my chair and walk to the rails and glance at the blood moon, so close to completing Heavens Crown. I turn to my servant and grin when I see the fear in his eyes. I motion for him to come closer and he shakes as he makes his was towards me.

The boy takes too long though so I rush towards him, faster than his eyes can see and grab his hair. The boy yelps in fear and closes his eyes, fearing for his life. I chuckle as I sink my teeth into his throat.

Memories shift and flow through my mind. I watch everything go backwards. A giant she wolf the color of snow stands against the black wolf. The memory fades and I watch as she first lost control. I cant help but marvel over the beauty as she lunges to kill her friend. She surprises me though when she stops, and I frown in annoyance. The memories go back further to where this boy was hidden, filming her.

I release the boy and throw him to the ground. He slowly gets up and bows.

"Next time, be more descriptive or I will take more than just your memories." I snarl at him.

The servant steps back and bows once again, "Yes my Lord."

I allow my eyes to flash red in warning, "Now go Johnathan and don't disappoint me this time. I do not give second chances often so do not make me regret this."

The boy bolts from the room and I chuckle. "It wont be long, and shell be mine." I think to myself.