Chapter Five: Painful Predicaments

"Why...Why aren't you eating? Is the princess too good for normal food?" William shouted as he barged into her cell glancing at the piled-up bowls of porridge in the corner. "I don't want to eat." Elizabeth stared back with a vindictive look on her face. " Are you planning on dying here?" He came closer as the atmosphere filled with tension. " I don't like porridge, give me something else." Answered keeping her face stone cold.
" You are my captive, you don't have the right to choose. "
"You better treat me with dignity, you horrendous criminal!" She spits in his face while her hands were still tightly held in a long rusted chain.
" Look at all the manners the Princess of Wales beholds" William let out a wicked smirk as he sat down.

" I despise you and when I return, you and your entire kingdom will be very sorry" Liz stood up and dragged the chains with her as she went closer to him and whispered to his ears " I'll end you ". A sly grin spread on her face as she shook her chains that effortlessly fell on the ground. William stomped out of the cell and shut the door so hard that it echoed through the palace. As the noise slowly calmed, she propped herself on the bed thinking about how successful the execution of her plan went.

Weaken your enemy. Show them that you're fearless. Liz knew that he wasn't as strong as he manifests. He is weak and that is her lead. Her teardrop-shaped earring of diamond was her only weapon and the last consort . Her mind kept on analyzing the path outside her cell when each guard passed by to figure the exit. Not realizing, her eyes slowly dragged her lids to a calm slumber.

"Princess! Princess!" The guard addressed as he got down the stairs bearing her porridge. Alerted by the sound, Liz immediately moved behind the steel door and held her breath. Gripping the earring tightly, she was ready to escape. The guard opened the door and entered the cell searching every corner for the princess. She pounced on the guard from the back and sealed his neck with her earring as she shut his mouth with a piece of cloth from her gown. The tray clashed down and smeared the porridge all over the floor.

She slowly pierced and slid the earring as blood gushed out of his neck. She turned and headed the opposite direction from the way the guard entered. She ran with so much agony and anger to escape that she kept on looking back to see if someone was following. As she looked back, Liz went crashing on a big silhouette who stood there unshaken.

" See whose back!" murmured the black figure who turned out to be William. Liz couldn't see her attempt going in vain as she stood up and started running the other way when William caught her hair. He pulled her by her hair and blindfolded her as she squirmed at his hold. He took her to the other side of the castle and threw her in a very dark, compact room. There were cobwebs and soiled dishes all around the room. She removed her blindfold as her face froze seeing her new palace.

"This place smells filthy, please take me to my cell...please, I beg your pardon!" she cried as she became nauseous.
" Even your small gestures have consequences "
William replied as he closed the door and left her all alone. She screamed her lungs out, kicking and banging as her room was filled with darkness and spiders.

Hours later, the door opened letting beams of light enter the dungeon.
Liz couldn't see who it was as her eyes were set to the gloominess.
"While you breathe the air of this kingdom, you'll serve me. Are we clear?"
Liz gave a slight nod as she lost hope on her escape.
" Off you go to clean the dishes beside you," William commanded as he placed a lamp near her workplace.
"Yes, your grace," she answered as she felt defeated by her own ability to take him down.
"Very good then."

He left when she started scrubbing the dishes gently. Her eyes were filled to the brim because she knew Edward would never love her to come in search leaving behind his kingdom and maybe this was her fate. Tears drained from her eyes as she broke down crying and she felt numb to the excruciating pain her heart let out. The truth that she was no more than a mere servant and that she had to go through this her entire life made her mentally weak. The pain of losing her mother, the betrayal of Edward and the lost hope of life reduced her to a lifeless person. She was no longer the Elizabeth she knew.
Hearing the emotional fight with herself, William whispered "I'm sorry" against the door and slowly departed.
********
Hey! Sorry for the late update! I Beg your pardon!♥️♥️ Why was William sorry? Guess away in the comments😘 Hope you liked this chapter!🖤
Click that small star icon below, comment and do share!💕💕
Lots of love,
Vivianna