Chapter Nine: Trapped In Silk

"What are you doing here?" William stepped inside the chapel glaring at Elizabeth standing alone in the brightly lit cathedral looking like peace and sorrow. Liz turned to face him with teary eyes, nodding her head enough for him to come closer whilst the tear dropped from her cold cheeks.
"What is wrong? Is there something you want to tell me?" William held her face looking into her eyes.
"I miss my family, I miss my sister" She could no longer look at him with her eyes as fogged her view of him.
"It will be alright, just trust me! We will find a way to burn this bad bridge between our kingdom for peace."
" I miss the breaths I took there...that kept me alive....now it just burns inside me, boring holes." She sobbed in his arms unable to breathe.
" It will be alright Liz....just breathe!" Will consoled her not knowing what to do.
"It's hard to breathe for me, let alone another person..."
"I understand love" Will held her hands and head against his chest.
"I have never been this far away from my sister until now, the weakness of not able to share the happiness with her breaks me" She paused.
"What happiness, Liz? What is going on?" She looked at him in his eyes with a smile creeping up in her face.
"You're going to be a father, Prince William" She declared as happy tears ran down her face.
"What? You....you ....um....you b...bear our child?" He asked as the chapel started moving closer to him, his head feeling heavy and stumbling upon his steps he came nearer to her. He fell on his knees as he slowly looked at her and her abdomen that was draped on beautifully. He slowly caressed her waistline as he went closer to hear her belly with his ears. With his trembling hands, he stood up finally, uttering a word
"Our child!" He paused, catching breaths that flew away with each word. " I will protect our child with all my might and power, even if i have to die"
" You don't have to die, Will, you have to live for our child."
" I will, I promise you" He sealed the promise with a kiss.
"Meet me in the lawn at 7 o'clock, will you?" He requested her.
" I will" she smiled.
"Wear something nice... Bye!" He yelled as he left the cathedral with a filled heart.

"Come soon Liz, he'll kill me if I don't take you safely to the lawn" Samara panting at the door of Liz's room afraid of her brother.
" Don't worry Samara, you will be fine" Liz came closer to her as she ready.
" You are too beautiful, Liz" Samara glanced at her, wearing a dusty rose pastel silk gown, Will's mother worn, looking unearthly beautiful. They walked through the hallways into the lawn when Samara stopped in her way.
" I'm not coming, you go, Liz, Will's waiting." She fave a warm smile and closed the door as she left.
Will turned to see his bride-to-be in his mother's gown. He stretched his hands to her as she held it to climb on the pedestal he was standing on.
" This feels unreal Liz, isn't it?"Will looked at her with the stars swimming across her eyes.
" Yes, it does" She confirmed as they intertwined their hands.
"I want to be like this, with you holding hands forever, growing old and sharing memories..." He paused." I never fail to fall in love with you every time I see you" They faced each other with love blossoming in every breath they took.
"Princess Elizabeth of Wales, the love of my life and the mother of my child..." He continued as he knelt down in his knees. " Will you be the bride of Prince William of the Scotts?" She nodded with blood rushed to every corner of her skin.
" Why now? " She questioned with a surprise filling her face.
" I don't want you to slip through my fingers." He finished as he got up. They both kissed like the world would end that night while the fog slowly descended upon them.

The Next Day

Elizabeth dreamed about being the next queen of Scotland as she sat before the mirror. She looked at how the wood was carved into the beautiful roses as the mirror was engulfed in it. Everything seemed beautiful for her, the wind brushing the trees, the water splashing against the granite in the fountain. She kept on meddling with her hair as she thought of falling for her beloved abductor, the thought of her kidnap reminded her of her past. Her wedding was the next day that sent nerves down her spine. The thought of seeing Edward rushed to her mind and the once beautiful mirror looked dreadfully dark. She suddenly looked at Will, staring at her in amazement.
"Una Bella fanciulla!" He muttered admiring her. " Scusa il mio affascinante Principe," She said turning her gaze directly to him. " A scholar, indeed" he fixed his belt. " No, just carrying my royal mother descendants " saying she got up and moved towards him.
"I love to get married to you and rule this country with not just with money and power but with love and care for the people" He proclaimed as he hugged her from the back. They looked out of the window, drowned in each other's arms as they heard troops marching towards the dorm. William turned immediately facing the door and covered Liz from the uninvited intruder. Liz held her breath as she peered beside his arms to see a very familiar face with his boiling blood gushing through his veins.
" Hello, Elizabeth " The intruder greeted.
" Edward!......"
*******
What an intense chapter?? Hope you liked it...❤
Let me know in the comments what will happen next.
Don't forget to click the star icon below!!
Loads of love,
Vivianna James