Chapter One: The Royal Engagement

"I love him, Edward, I love only him" Elizabeth hid behind him as Edward stared at her with pure rage.
.........
September 1 of 1861, The most important day ever occurred in the British Royalty. "The Betrothal of Crown Princess Elizabeth and Prince Edward", The most cherished moment for the people of Wales and Wessex. The people waited to see the beautiful bride to be in a flourishing white gown and moon-like diamonds encrusted against her evenly toned, lean body.

She was the prettiest woman mankind ever knew. How her dark hair bouncily flowed over her shoulders, how her ocean blue eyes showed love and compassion. People couldn't get enough of her beauty. She was often called the "God's angel fallen from heaven". But this was not the only reason the people loved her. It was her heart which was more beautiful than her beauty. She was the role model for the little souls of Wales. While she got dressed, she thought about her prince charming who she was to marry.

Prince Edward, the most charming prince ever born in Wessex royalty. The perfectly sculpted body and a pair of silver-grey eyes flaunted the people of Wessex. Every maiden in Wessex fell in love with the prince. The people rejoiced the union of these Royalties. King Robert of Wales and King Richard of Wessex or else the fathers of the bride and the bridegroom wanted the wedding to be a perfect phenomenon and wanted it carved in the history of England.

The finest looking dinner sets marched into the never-ending dinner. The long table was arranged with glasses poured of the taste of Heaven. The candles in their throne were melting their souls away lit the diner with its glorious rays. While the ballroom was crowded with instruments ready to take their stand, a frozen gaze with a shiver in the nerve passes which was thawed by a warm heart. Then it meets the eye who bears pure diamonds in her neck and pure love in her heart.

It was Princess Elizabeth across the balcony looking her best in a shimmering black dress with her hair tied up in a gorgeous bun. Her smile would be embarrassing for the pearls of its radiance. Her smile falls upon the face of Edward in his suit who was nervous about the engagement. While they stood to gaze upon each other, people in their finest clothing started gathering for the union. As the expensive footwear clashing against the crystal clear floor started increasing, Elizabeth's heart started pounding faster and felt a shiver pass down her spine. She was too tensed but the love she had for him calmed her. She distracted herself by thinking about the day when she first met him, It was magical.

Spring, the most loved season in the 18th century, green farms full of animals happily grazing their breakfast while the reaper harvested merrily without any worries. As to Elizabeth, she thought that leading a perfectly normal life was a gift. The Royals ate what their chef cooked, wore what their maids chose and so on. She was always told how to sit, how to eat, how to walk which troubled her tremendously. She was never allowed to live the life she ever wanted. She thought about the truth that how her family and royalty changed her entirely.

She was sunk in her deep thoughts not knowing that she was a long way inside a bright forest, indeed. For the first time, she listened to the words from her heart. The wind brushed off the sorrow from her face gently. While she was listening to the song of the birds, she felt a cold hand drape on her shoulders.
******
Hey... Thank you so much for reading this chapter!🖤
Tell me in the comments about this chapter and I will definitely reply to you as soon as possible!💗
Click the star icon below, comment below and share!
Means a lot to me!💕
Spread the word fam!💞💞