Millionaires Secrets part 18

John sat at his desk and pulled out his calculator. He put in a few figures and looked at me. A smile appeared on his face.

"With in a year you'll get back all of your investment money then the rest is pure profit," John said.

"Not only that but I've been getting calls from the bankers wanting to loan me money," I said.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault I was bragging about you to them at lunch the other day," John said.

"It's alright, I don't mind telling them politely no, I've got plenty of my own money," I chuckled.

John gave me one of his serious looks, then spoke, " when you first came to my office, I knew that there was something different about you. I could see a younger version of myself in you, but now I realize that I was wrong. Hell you've even taught me things."

"No John you are my teacher," I said.

"Do you think I ought to sell all of my rental houses and fix up mobile homes like you do?" he asked.

"You could make more money, but your houses retain more value in the long term, and the only value I have is sweat equity. If I had to hire some one, there would go my profits," I answered.

"You're young, see I don't have that in me any more," John said.

"Do you know what I'd invest in if I had your money?" I asked.

"No, what?" John questioned.

"I would buy up some vacant land and turn it into a nice mobile home park," I said.

"You know I have some vacant property that's just sitting there not making me any money and costing me taxes every year," John said.

"That a good idea," I said.

"You know what I need for you to do for me today?" he asked.

"Yes, I've already thought about setting up a mobile home park myself but haven't researched any of the cost or permits," I said.

"This we be a good chance to see if we want to invest any money in this type of project," John said.

"Sure, thanks John," I said and started to get to work. In no time at all it was lunch.

John tapped me on my shoulder and said, "it's lunch time."

"Already?" I asked.

"Yeah time flies when your having fun," John said.

When we got our food at the restraunt, John wanted to know what I had found out so far.

"If you are out of the city limits it will be cheaper to set it up. I figure a large park would make you a millionaire in two years if you charge one hundred dollars for lot rent," I said.

"How much for the electrical service?"  John asked.

"Twenty seven thousand dollars for the material and fourteen thousand for the labor," I answered.

"How much for the plumbing service?" he asked.

"Ten thousand for material and six thousand for the labor," I said.

"So how much is it all?" he asked.

"Fifty seven thousand so far," I said.

(Thanks for your vote.)