- Introduction -

This book is for anyone who has felt, is feeling or will feel confused or lost. For anyone who felt like they're a failure from the first obstacle they faced. For anyone who just felt like giving up and that nothing matters anymore. For anyone going through a tough phase and feeling like they wouldn't be able to pass it. For anyone who made the world and society push them down and not doing anything about it. For anyone who's starting a new phase of their life and is too afraid which causes them to have endless insomniac nights and anxiety of not being good enough. This book is for anyone who suddenly felt like they're losing their passion and love for anything they loved doing.
This book is for you.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Nadia Haitham. I'm just a regular seventeen year old, who has a passion for writing ever since I was a little girl with piggy-tails. For some reason, when I started taking this passion into a whole new level and life gave me a one in a million chances, I blew them because I was too scared.

You might think I'm stupid but I've always had insecurities about myself that I'm not good enough and I'm not worth anything, that I'll never do what I love and do best and that I'll never become who I want to be; this is the most frightening feeling in the world, the feeling of being maimed or incapable of doing anything. Having no purpose in the world is the worst feeling you could ever go through, it's like your existence doesn't matter and it won't make much of a difference.

I've always wanted to make my family, friends and myself proud but whenever I start anything, I start getting anxiety that I might fail to continue it or just fail in the project itself so that's why I just stop midway and I'm not proud of it. I don't even want to talk about how many books I've started but stopped midway just because I lacked motivation and inspiration or how many projects I stopped midway or didn't even start it because I was terrified of failure or maybe I wasn't even sure what the hell I wanted to be. Until this very day, writing this book, I still have no idea which direction I should take.

It's worth to mention that I'm in my last year of school, my senior year. The year where everything is supposedly fascinating and exciting but very terrifying. The year where everything is changing really fast that I'm unable to catch up, the year where I'll say goodbye to most of the people I spent my whole childhood with, the year where officially my life is my full responsibility and any choice I'll make will definitely affect my life in one way or another. It's horrifying how in just a few months, all decisions will be in my hands to take and any wrong choice could easily put an end to my life.

I made a promise to myself though, and I really hope I won't break it just like I did many times. I promise myself that I'll finish this book and if it's worth it, I'll publish it because I know what it's like to feel not up to par and I really want to help anyone feeling that way.

At the end of this book, you'll either might feel like this is a cliche or inspired and motivated but either way, just remember that I'm a seventeen year old teenager trying to figure it out while also helping others too. However, everything written in this book is my own beliefs because I've lived the experiences myself.

This book is for my future self, a book to be proud of and for everyone going through a crisis that was made by their minds. I gave this to you ...