Chapter 4

Ch. 4

   "Did you sleep well?" Paul said giving me the orange juice. It took me awhile to process the thing he just said. My mind was still trying to think about last night. Honestly I can't recall the part where I got home.

   "Ada,did you sleep well?" He repeated the question.

   "Yes, yes I did. I was trying to remember the last night" I said sincerely.He smiled and took my hand putting a fork in it.

   "Nothing happened. Now eat, please " As a good girl I listened to him and took a bit big bite. Yumm, that was so delicious, when did he learn to cook? After a few minutes I finished my breakfast and got out of bed. The thing I needed most right now was a hot long bath, that was the only way to get rid of the unpleasant smell.

  "Thanks again for everything, and I hope I didn't do stupid things, I tend to do so when drunk" I laughed it off. I don't know why, maybe it was my imagination but Paul began to look somehow uneasy.

   "No, y-you didn't do anything stupid. Go and take a shower, you stink" We started laughing and he left the room holding his nose.

   After he left, I started to look for my handbag but it was nowhere to be found. Fortunately my phone was in one of my pockets. 52 missed calls, 17 messages, 2 emails. Wow, that's really something! Maya called, maybe to tell me she was sorry for abandoning me, Mike also called I think to be sure I'm not dead on the side of the road and some calls from an unknown number. Well, I'll check that later.

The hot bath was a blessing to my poor body and almost feel asleep, luckily I didn't. My phone rang and without looking (I assumed it was Maya) I answered.

   "I'm the bathtub wanna join me?" I tried to sound sensual but ended up giggling.

   "If you insist" A man's voice respond on the other side. Quickly I looked at the number and it was the unknown one who kept calling. Dang it...

   "Sorry, so sorry, I-I thought it was someone else" I mutter almost dropping the phone in the water.

   "Don't need to apologise for the pleasant image in my head miss Kape" Said the man.

   "May I ask who am I talking to and how do you know my name and number, sir?"

   ''Again you call me sir. You don't remember our little time together last night? You left your purse in my car and all the things were laying on the floor. In that mess I found your card"

   "I am confused. My friend brought me back home last night. He wouldn't lie... You never told me your name"

   "And I'll never will, unless..." He paused letting a me hear his breath.

   "Unless what?" I hardly said afraid of the answer.

   "Unless you meet me to give your belongings back". That was his condition?

   "Fine. I will come. When do you want to meet and where?''

   "Today. I'll text you the adress. You might find it familiar. See you soon miss Kape"

   That was so... I don't have words to describe how that was. I've put the phone down and let my body sink in the warm water. I need to drown my embarressment somehow. *Ding* *Ding*  I took a deep breath and unlocked the phone. After reading the adress I let out a deep sight.

   "What were the chances?" Wrapping a towel around my body I made my way to the closet and atfer that, I need to have a little talk with my liar friend. After minutes of debate I finally chose a pair of denim skinny jeans, white blouse with a petter pan colar and let's not forget about the brown leather boots. 

   "Going somewhere?" I've heard a voice from behind. Maya was laying on the bed with a plate full of pancakes.

"Yeah, it seems I had a little adeventure of witch I have no memory of and in the process I've lost my purse. Now I'm going to get it back" I said taking my bag.

"Have you seen Paul? He was here a while ago." I said looking around.

"Nope, he just left. Why?" Maya saaid with her mouth full.

"Nothing important just curious" I smiled and made my leave.

I locked the door and looked across the hall at Paul's apartament. I should talk to him. Or I'll leave that for when I come back.

There was no trafic and in less than 40 minutes I was standing in front of  a hospital, that hospital. My mind went blank. This must be some kind of joke. Maya knows about my little old obsession and now she wants to have laugh, but this is not funny.

I made it here and I migh as well see what is this all about. I was lost in the building and my only option was calling him.

   "I'm here but I don't know where to go" I said looking right and left like an idiot.

   "Take the elevator and come to the 4th floor" His voice responded from the other side. I did as he instructed and now I was entering a large hallway. Near the doors of the elevator a young beautiful woman was waiting for me.

   "Miss Kape? Please follow me" I nodded and walked behind her. She was in her 20's,tall, long legs, slim figure. The woman was wearing a black pencil skirt, red silk blouse and some gorgeous stiletto shoes. Her blode hair was tight in a high ponytail that moved with every step she took. I was hipnotized by the way she walked and, well, I have to admit she also had a really nice ass.

   Once arrived in front of the door with the plate writing DIRECTOR I could feel my heart rising in the throught. No, no,no,no,no.

  "Mr. Jones is waiting." She smiled and opened the door. So his name is Jones...

  I entered the room with small steps clutching my fists on the bag stripe. The office was spacios and well lighten giving a relaxed feeling. On the walls there were some vintige medical wallpapers, and shelves full of books. The glass table was sitting near the window and was the contrast between old and new. I liked his tastes. When I finaly decided to stop lookig around my eyes sat upon him. He was sitting at the desk on a handmade chocolate brown leather chair with papers all around him. When he noticed my presence he took the glasses off and leaned back in the chair with arms crossed at the chest.

   "You are quite punctual. I like that." He said looking at the watch.

   "I don't like being late and I also wanted to retrive my things as fast as possible" I tried to look confident and I also tried my best to keep my heart under conrrol because it seemd she remembered him.

   "I see. Tell me miss Kape did you make it home safe last night?" His voice alone gave me the chills. I've always imagined how would it be like talking to him and here I was, 5 years later my dream came true.

"Yes, I think I need to thank you for that Mr. Jones, I'm sorry but I don't remember anything so I'll trust you said the truth."

"Plase, call me sir,also why would I lie, I'm not like your little boyfiend." A devilish smile ran across his face, he seemed amused for some reason.

   "S-Sir I think it's time for me to go. But first I'll take what I came for." My heart was starting to feel uneasy. His simple presence was breathtaking. I can't let him see that.After handing over the purse I said my goodbyes and turned to the door.

   "Before you go, let me ask you something..." I froze with my back still facing him. What could he possibly want?

   I'm really thankful to you guys because you keep reading my little story.I never imagined you'd like it.

Vote, comment and share it with your friends.

'Till next week.

-M.