Chapter 7

Ch 7.

   On my way back home I've stopped at the park near our flat just to put my thoughts into place. I sat on the empty bench with the post it still in my hand. I've read the words hundred times and it still made my stomach turn.

   He remembers me? No, that's impossible. After minutes turned into hours, my mind was starting to get tired of all the thinking, I took my small notebook from my bag and opened at a random page. With a quick move the small yellow note was sticked on to it. I was tired and just couldn't wrap my head around it. And what if he remembers me? I mean, I remembered him...right? With that in my mind I finally got up and strached my legs for the first time in forever and just got home. 

   As expected Maya wasn't home and that made me quite happy actually. I still needed some time alone in peace and when she's around I can't get any. It was kind of late but I made myself a nice,hot cup of coffee and crashed on the sofa turning on the tv. When I was ready to go to bed, it struck me I HAVE A JOB, and I had to think of it. I had to show him something tomorrow. I wanted to make a good impression and I had to finish this job fast and never see him again. If you would have told me 5 years ago that I will work with him I would have laughed and hoped deep in my soul that it was true. But now...that is actually real, I just want it to end.

    I began working, thinking and drawing. After 3 hours I had a rough sketch that was decent enough to present in a few hours. The moment my head hit the pillow, I was falling into a deep sleep feeling the life leaving my body. That night I had no dreams or maybe I had... When I woke up the sun was killing me and it took me some time to adjust and read the time. I was late, one and a half hour late to be precise. I sprang out of bed in seconds and in a minute ( or so it seamed) I was washed, dressed and ready to leave.

   I never liked being late and now I was thinking of a good excuse, I needed a brilliant excuse... I was ready to call a cab when I was Paul getting ready to leave as well. I was so happy to see him that I forgot what he did a few nights back and just ran towards him and his motorbike.

   "God you scared me!" He laughed at me. That morning he looked different, good different, something in his eyes maybe? 

   "Give me a lift." I said bluntly while taking a helmet. He was taken aback but smiled and winked.

    "You owe me big time, just so you know." He joked and put his helmet on. I wraped my arms around his waist and held tight. We were flying, speeding so fast leaving everything behind but somehow even at high speed I was feeling safe. In under 10 minutes we were parked in front of the hospital. I was so happy to arrived in one piece and I was also in a rush to get inside that when I got off the bike and took the first step I fell. Paul was in less than a second there to get me up and laugh his ass off. 

   "Hey, are you alright? Look at me!" He sounded worried and that amused me a little. It was a simple accident it wasn't like I was gonna die or anything.

   "Yes, yes I'm fine. I'm stronger than I look you know" I smiled and patted his shoulder. 

   "I know..." He said. 

   "I have to run, thanks for the ride! You are a life saver!" I hugged him and turned around only to see my boss peacefully smoking his cigarette. My heart stopped for a second and just stood there looking at him.
   "Ada, are you ok?" Paul asked and took a step forward and looked the same way I was. 

   "You!" He shouted as he saw the guy from a couple of nights ago. Nathallien said nothing and just watched us. I could feel Paul boiling beside me and I could't say a word for some reason. I took a deep breath and cut Paul the second he opened his mouth.

   "I'm so sorry sir. I will never be late again. I promise." I said those words with all the confidece I had, then turned to Paul seeing his puzzled face.

   "Paul, meet my boss." I tried to sound as natural as I could. Paul's face betrayed his emotions, he didn't like him...at all. The two men exchanged cold looks and I felt my whole body shiver under the awkward tension. Nathallien finished his cigarette and stood up fixing me with his blue icy eyes. I knew that was his way of telling me to follow him. The moment moved, Paul grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I turned to face him and I was ready to complain about him hurting me, when my boss placed his hand over Paul's hand.

   '' You'd better let go..." He said calmly, but something in his was just gave me the chills. He wasn't asking nicely, he was giving an order.

  It's been a while, I know. Life happened, but the story keeps on going. Looking forward to writing more! Keep an eye on me.

   -M