Chapter 6

Ch 6

   Head was spinning, heart was pounding. Everything around me seemd unreal. The man I had a crush on, offered me a job and I accepted. Now I must obey him, whatever that means.

   "What are the rules?" I asked taking a step back.

   "You will find out once you break them" He took a step towards me.

   "I'll be punished that way!" I wanted to take yet another step but my back hit the door. I was trapped.

   "Exactly." A wide grin spread across his face.

   "I assume you won't tell me what the punishmemt is either." I said in a low voice.

   "You are quite smart." And his smile faded as fast as it appeared. Now, his blue eyes darkened and I was left gazing into his stormy ocean. After a few moments of silence, he took something from the back and put it acoss my neck and then he made two steps back. A badge.Ada Kape -Temporary Staff- . For some reason I was happy, really happy. I had a job, I was part of something now, even if I was a temporary staff member, I was ready to give my best. I could't help but smile like an idiot at the piece of plastic with my name on it.

   "You like it." It wasn't a question, he was smiling again. "You are so easy to read, like an open book, for children, with lots of pictures." He continued teasing me.

"I think I got the point, thank you" I rolled my eyes at him quite dramtecly.

"Never do that again. It's your first warning. Now it's time to show you the wing you are going to work on."

   After a few moments of silence, he opened the door and made a small sign for me to follow. Without hezitation my feet hit the floor behind him. It was like a spell, as if I was in a trans all I could do was obey. I felt so small...

   The hallway was wide, the walls were painted in a pale blue color with different paintings on display. I could tell we were on the pediatrics departament because the drawings were made and framed by kids. A really nice idea, I thought. We took the elevator, the one that made the access between wings easier and was used mainly by the staff. He pressed the button and the door closed. Now we were on the 7th and last floor. It was a completely new and empty floor recently buit and it was all mine to play with. That was indeed jackpot. He showed me around and told me about the rooms and how this V.I.P section must be the very best.

   "What is the budget?" I asked still looking aroud and opening one of the room's door.

   "You don't need to think of the money, all you have to do is work" He said throwing his hands in the pockets. Again, he showed that cold and professional expression that I still didn't get used to it.

    "All I have to do is work? No limits?" That sure was fantastic. After showing me around, we returned to his office to talk about the project details, if he had any preferences such as materials, colors and god knows what else he had in mind. When we finshed our little talk, he handed me a silver pen to sign the contract and the deal was made..

    "Tell me Ms. Kape, do you believe in coincidence?". His words were soft, yet they intimidated me.

    "I don't know,S-sir." I replied with trembling voice. Why is my voice like that? All my confidence is gone, gone in just few seconds. Great... Also, why do I feel like he sees me as a child? While I was lost in my thoughts, he diminished the space between us. I was now with my back on the wall and his lips close to my ear. My heart was on a rampage, my mind was blank and my body...

   "If you ask me, there is no such thing as coincidence." His voice was like a whisper and it faded away just like that. The next thing I heard was the sound of the door opening and closing.
He was gone and I was left alone. Guess was time for me to go home and prepare for tomorrow, when I officially strat my work. I opened the door and slowly made my way to the elevator, I wasn't in a hurry.

   Near the elevator I took off the badge and held in my hand turning it around, where a small post it was sticked on it. Pressing the button for the first floor, I read "You've grown into a quite beautiful young lady" on the little yellow note. My jaw dropped and I've raised my look just to lock eyes with him smiling while the elevator's doors were closing...

   I know it's been awhile and the chapter was short, but I hope you liked it. Next time I really hope to be on time. As always thank you for reading.

-M.