Chapter Twenty-eight

A hushed voice woke me up, the mattress bounced slightly and I blinked my eyes open, wincing against the morning light. Rolling over, my gaze collided with a smooth taut chest that I could appreciate even in my sleepy state. A slight dusting of hairs led my eyes straight to a place under the covers I'd gotten intimately acquainted with during the night.

My legs shifted under the covers, muscles I didn't even knew existed aching sweetly, reminding me how the German had woken me up two more times during the night. His hands and mouth exploring every inch of my body, making love to me gently as if making up for taking me almost savagely on the couch. He'd kissed me everywhere, murmuring endearing words in his native tongue as he finally eased inside me, filling me, and I'd clung to him, lost in the passion of the moment, my own hands roaming up and down his muscled back until they finally threaded through his hair. He'd been insatiable, and as I reached my orgasm the words 'I love you' got clogged inside my throat.

I loved this man. Everything pointed he was my ideal man. I didn't know what made me hold back from saying those words, but on one side I was grateful. I wanted him to know how much he meant to me, not for him to think I'd blurted it out in the passion of the moment.

My gaze ate up the sight of him sitting up on the bed, leaning his back against the headboard. His hair was still messy from sleep and the urge to run my hand against his stubbled cheek was too strong to pass up. I stretched, reaching out a hand to do so when his beautiful warm eyes shifted to me, softening as he took in what I was sure was my messy appearance.

"She just woke up." He said, holding my gaze. 

That was when I noticed the device pressed against his right ear.

I gave him a questioning look at the same time I scooted back against the headboard, holding the covers against my chest.

"Right." He muttered on the line, mouth curling in amusement as his gaze followed my every move. His avid eyes fastened on the exposed skin of my collar bones and my cheeks heated.

Then he was passing the phone to me while his arm circled my waist and pulled me into his lap. The sheets slipped from my grasp and I let out a gasp at the same time I started to feel him hardening under me. "Shoo—"

He halted my protest with a quick kiss, pulling back enough to whisper "Your girl." against my lips.

My gaze jumped to his.

Shit.

The smile he gave me told me he wasn't planning on giving me space. In fact his gaze had already dropped to my breasts, hanging inches away from his face.

Freaking Lily. Perfect timing as always.

My gaze scanned the screen of my phone noting it was already seven in the morning. I needed to hurry if I wanted to make it to school on time, but putting this conversation off was out of question. I couldn't do that when it was obvious the man had spent the night on my bed. I mean why else would he have answered my freaking phone at 7 am?

I clutched the phone bracing for the scream that was sure to come, "Hello?"

She didn't disappoint.

"Are you freaking kidding me!? Van!"

I tried to ignore the way the German's hands stroked up and down my sides from my waist to my upper thighs.