PART 6- STARTING OVER AGAIN

PART 6

“Well, I salute her from choosing a good house to crash. Just..a. Damien, listen—she doesn’t know anything and her mind is like a blank sheet of paper. Whatever you fill her; that she will follow. Son, I just hope that you would teach her wise things. You know what I mean. You are now her..err.. “guardian.”   He unquote the last word he mentioned.

 “No. Screw that—that’s terrible! Why would I be her guardian? Look Craig, you know your views and opinions don’t always make sense. You are like this fairy- king- thing- crap. Ah... What God’s plan? Dang, you know I don’t believe that thing.

“I brought her here for you to check if she’s telling me no lies; ‘cause you know that I don’t like people shitting on me. Then, that now I proved she’s no sham...It’s now the sheriff’s job to look for her family and never will be mine. So erase in your mind that “guardian” thing.” I mimicked Craig and unquote that guardian word, trying to sound more reasonable than his petty suggestion.

Yeah. Fool yourself.

Damn that subconscious of mine. I ain’t fooling myself. Hey, listen. I’ve done my part and I have to take Raze to her family, where she truly belongs. So shut the f*ck up!

“Damien, remember the time when you were at the hospital, wondering who you are? That time, you don’t also have your memory; but people treated you well, fed you and patiently taught you until the day you’ve met you father. People helped you and now maybe it’s your time to give back the same kindness that you’ve receive fifteen years ago. What do you think?

Dr. Craig wiggles his gray brows and the wave of guilt engulfed my whole being and I succumb. Alright, that one hit me. This is f*ck-up! The memory of me fifteen years ago came anew—those times; were I am the most vulnerable.

I rolled my eyes, erasing those very thought of my misery past. And replaced it with mischief...

“Yeah right, do you think I can be really trusted to guide her?”

I move around the room and settled my eyes on Raze. She is every inch a temptress and I am not a strong type of man who resists such temptation she exudes.

“I know you will” Dr. Craig just simply patted my shoulder and gave a light squeeze.

“Well, see.” I singsong and give a wicked grin.

“Yep, we’ll see. Now Damien, if you would excuse me? I have other patients waiting in line. Just set another appointment if your want to talk further. Don’t forget to send Raze to language therapy, and feed her.” He handed me a piece of paper with his cursives; then he walks to door but he stopped mid-way.  “Damien, everything happens for a reason. Always remember that!”

He winked and just like that he left us in his office. I just released a heavy sigh, digesting what he said. My eyes shifted then lead me to Raze—whom forehead was creased and terror written all over her face as she had seen Craig finally left the room. Leaving the two of us.

Pffft. So you’d like that Santa huh?” I asked; making small steps towards her and feeling giddy. “You have amnesia and you can’t talk, Right?” She smells so damn sweet, now that I stand next to her. I saw her flinched when my warm breath pounded on her left ear. Oh, did my make her shiver? That is good then. I thought.

But she remained standing stiff at the corner and fixed her gaze at the ground. According to Dr. Craig she can’t talk. Then, there’s no reason for me to expect a respond from her.

“Raze.” a foreign kind of emotion struck me as I called her name. Now I feel giddier and just then, I want to treat her right this time.

*Gruuk*