Part 4 - Party (Part 2)

** A/N The video is the official book trailer for the series that I based this story on **

After we had picked up a few flutes of champagne from one of the many hover trays, we began to search for the rest of our clique.

I sent a ping out to one half and Sel sent one to the others. It had to be separate because we have two different groups of friends that don't get on very well.

Actually, they don't get on at all.

After about twenty minutes of wandering from floor to floor of the party towers, we found the others out on the highest balcony of the tallest tower.

No surprise there really. All of us were very adventurous and couldn't stand to be locked inside for any length of time.

The glittering of the safety sparklers reflected in the smart glass of the doors on front of us was mesmerising and made me lose all focus for a second but it only took Dare's hand on my waist to guide me back to the present.

Through the tinted glass, I noticed two figures waving madly at me. I smiled and glided through onto the balcony. The others followed.

I burst out laughing the minute I caught sight of my friends.

They looked absolutely ridiculous.

The first person I saw was Bel.

Her normally perfect, long, golden hair was twisted and braided into odd sticky-out tendrils erupting from her head and coloured a mad green colour. The rest of her costume was a white draped robe and gold sandals like mine.

I was still giggling as I scampered over to speak to her.

When I reached her, I gasped loudly.

She must have waited ages for the particular costume sure that she had today.

Bel usually just got surges for the fun of it and she didn't care what anyone thought of them at all.

Looking deep into Bel's eyes, I saw the whole balcony,  myself and everyone else reflected in her eyes, like there was a tiny wall screen in there.

Dare, Sel and Ana all gathered round to admire and marvel at the surge. Bel then turned to me and opened her mouth:

"Ah, Pharaoh Queen Cleopatra, I presume?"

I giggled again and in response began to pretend to be falling to the floor dead and half-screamed:

"Oooh my eyes, my eyes! Goddess Medusa has slain me!"

Standing back up, I turned to see Myll (a very sparkly vertion of Napoleon Boneparte) and his twin Tyll dressed in skin-tight red lycra with a black fuzzy wig in an attempt to be an early Michael Jackson before all of the plastic surgery.

Turning round, Russell and River sauntered over, with the lanky Russell dressed as the french king Louis the fifteenth and River wearing a frilly nightgown and holding a fake-metal candle holder with a safety flame sputtering from the top to look like Florence Nightingale.

Over the rest of the evening, we met up with Ryt as J.K.Rowling, Mo as Bruno Mars, Mars as the 13th Dalai Lama, Redd as Jennifer Aniston and Jynx as Bellatrix Lestrange.

Giggling, laughing and chuckling at the assembly of odd historical characters, we began to get into the proper spirit of the party.